Dumbledores Office

It's bright and hot in the room and my vision is blurry.
I can just about make out my surroundings.
Bedside table.
Water?
Bed.
Hospital bed.
Draco.
"Draco?", I sit up.
"Woah woah woah, don't sit up too fast", he says.
"HARRY AND GINNY! Draco we have to go now!", I shout. I attempt to jump out of bed but Draco restrains me.
"They're okay!", he says.
"What?"
"They're fine. Harry and Ginny are fine and they're safe okay?", he says.
"But how?", I ask.
"Once you..", he begins.
"Yes?".
"Once you passed out, Harry managed to fight off the heir and you were brought back here. He saved you both. He saved all of us.", He whispers.
"I need to talk to him", I say.
"No", Draco says suddenly.
"What?".
"Why must you talk to him? The heir is gone and you're all safe.", he says almost angrily.
"I need to talk to him about what happened in that chamber Draco", I sit up further.
"NO!", he shouts.

Before I can open my mouth, Blaise walks in the door and grabs me. I stay in his tight embrace until finally he releases me.
"I thought you were..", he begins.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N)", he starts to tear up.
I pull him back into the hug, "don't be sorry", i comfort him, "I'm alright. I'm perfectly fine", I smile.
"I should've been there to protect you though", he sniffs.
"Blaise you don't need to protect me I promise you", I sigh.
"I would've told you guys before I left but there was no time. Everything happened so fast", I sigh.
"I'm just glad you're okay. Tell us what happened", he says.
I begin to tell them the story of what happened in the chamber, from the start to the end, not leaving out any details as much as i wished I could. I told them about all of the thing's Tom had said to me and I watched as Draco's face grew seemingly paler as I spoke.
"What a creep. I'll kill him", Blaise huffs.
"He wasn't real to begin with. He was a memory", i explain.
"Of the diary?", he asks.
"Yeah, sort of. He was using Ginny dying to revive him", I gulp.
"Poor Ginny", he says.
"I know", I yawn.
"You should rest", Draco says, speaking for the first since Blaise entered. If he was anyone else I would have forgotten he was there, but Draco had an undeniable presence that could not be ignored. He could have been under the invisibility cloak but the gentle noise of his breath would give him away to me.
"I'm going to go grab some of your things and bring them up here", Blaise says.
"Thanks Blaise".
"See you soon", he smiles pitifully.

For a moment, there is complete silence between us and I wonder if he is angry with me.
"I just...", he begins.
Silence again.
"Are you mad at me?", I ask.
"I can never be mad at you", he smiles.
"That's not true", I laugh.
He looks at me and I sigh. I feel as though I've let him down.
"The school years nearly finished", he says.
"I know".
"You can come back to mine if you like. With Blaise of course", he adds, colour flooding back to his cheeks.
"That would be nice", I smile.
"It's hard to think we'll be third years soon right?", he says.
"Right", I say dryly. I cannot stand this small talk, it's not like Draco to hesitate on his words.
"I'll leave you to sleep then", he says, getting up.
"Oh okay", I say, disappointed, sliding further into the hospital bed.
As he turns and begins to walk away he stops, turning to look at me again.
"What's wrong?", I say inside my head. I do not have the energy to speak aloud.
As if he heard me he begins to speak,
"I'm sorry."
"Why?", i murmur.
"Because it should have been me that saved you. I should've been there to..", he stops, turns on his heel and walks away.
Silence again.

I leave the hospital wing a few hours later and Madam Pomfrey informs me that Dumbledore wants to speak with me. I make my way there slowly as I'm not too enthusiastic about the meeting. I assume I'm going to be in trouble.

I reach his office and knock lightly. Maybe he won't hear me.
"Come in", he says softly.
I enter the room which is truly magnificent.
Moving portraits cover the walls and a red bird sits near his desk cooing.
"Have you met Fawkes?", he asks as he catches me admiring the bird.
"No professor", I respond.
"Fawkes is a Phoenix. They burst into flames when their life is done and are reborn from the ashes", he smiles.
"That's quite beautiful", I say.
"I think so too", he agrees.
"Do you know why I have called you here?", he asks.
"I assume it's something to do with the chamber",I say honestly.
"Yes.
Miss (L/N) I am sorry about what you had to witness in the chamber but I am aware it is not your first time having one of these experiences", he says.
"No it's not", I say.
"I fear, it may not be the last", he sighs gently.
"By this I mean, you and Harry seem to have drawn the attention of this dark wizard", he looks down at me, somehow without making me feel small.
"Tom Riddle is Voldemort isn't he?" I say abruptly.
"Yes. He is", Dumbledore says calmly.
"Ginny was bewitched but i assume you have figured that out for yourself", his eyes twinkle.
"Yes Sir", I say.
"He is gone now for a while. But he will be back", he says.
"I know. And I'll be ready", I say confidently.
He smiles at me, "I'm sure you will. We will continue this conversation next year, when you and I are both a year older and a year wiser", he chuckles.
"For now I want you to relax, and enjoy the end of year celebrations with your fellow classmates. You have some very loyal friends (Y/N), I hope you know that", he says.
"I know Sir and thank you", I say.
I say goodbye and begin to walk out, feeling more at ease then I was when I entered.

"Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."
I turn back around.
"Remember to ask for it", he winks and I nod slowly.

"I will", I whisper under my breath and I exit Dumbledores office.