22. Smell.

[City of Forks Welcomes You!]

''Grr...'' A figure with deep red eyes looked at the sign in front of him. He had pale white skin with long messy red hair, and a feral-looking face.

*Sniff*

*Sniff*

He sniffed the air in front of him and smelled something very tasty.

He was passing through Forks... Until his enhanced sense of smell attracted him here.

''Dinner... About time...'' The figure grinned viciously and started running towards the City of Forks.

His blurry figure reached the nearby town.

His dark red eyes gazed at the passersby's walking with their family.

''Grr...'' But he didn't feel hungry when he looked at those innocent souls— instead, something else attracted him.

Someone who is worth 10 meals.

He hadn't felt this hungry in years, and his throat was getting parched.

He could also smell werewolves and groups of vampires being close to this town.

But, he has never got caught before, and he will never will.

His blurry figure ran through the forest. His messy red hair flowed gently in the air, and his feral-looking face became even scarier.

He could smell the carrier of such tasty blood being near.

Soon afterward, he arrived at the small two-bedroom house with a rusty truck and a police car outside.

The figure gazed at the building, and he was certain that the scent was coming from there.

*SWOOSH*

It looked like he teleported because he suddenly appeared in front of the door.

*Clank*

The figure tried to open the door, but it was locked.

*Crack*

The figure couldn't care and destroyed the lock.

*Creak*

The door slowly opened, and a dark room appeared in front of him.

The figure stepped one foot into the house, and he smelled the tasty blood everywhere in the house.

And he was sure that person was still here.

*Creak*

His every step echoed menacingly in the downstairs.

He started ascending the stairs towards the second floor, and the scent became stronger.

*Sniff*

He sniffed one more time and saw a door not far from him.

The figure reached the door and gently opened it.

The scent became so strong that he could barely resist drooling.

The room was dimly lit— the only light was from the moon.

There was a single bed in the room, and a brown-haired girl was seen.

She was sleeping innocently in the bed, not knowing that wild beast had entered her room.

The figure bared his fangs and walked next to the bed.

He licked his lips and looked at her innocent face.

The brown-haired girl groggily opened her eyes.