Chapter 2

BEFORE WE BEGIN I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS LIKE I WASNT EXPECTING IT AT ALL SO THANK YOU!!

It was a quiet day in the shop.  My little brother was playing outside with a couple friends.  Warm light filled the room from the sun in the entryway.  It smelled like dry clay and dust.  Now this is a great day.  My older brother is going to be taking over my shift in about 2 hours, so I'll have plenty of time to relax today. 

An older man walks into the shop.  He's not old, maybe in his early twenties.  He's quite good looking, just not your type. 

"Hello, welcome to __________ (it's your story for your life you can name it what ever you want) pottery shop.  Is there anything in specific your looking for or are you just browsing today?" I ask as he comes up to the counter.

"I'm looking for a tableware set?  No silverware needed, just cups, plates, and bowls," he says.

"Of course, right this way," I say as I lead him to  one of the isles further back.  I took out a couple sets that matched his description.  He chose the one with a beautiful design on it.

"Good choice, just make that one the other week.   Do you mind me asking why you need a new set without silverware?" I ask as I walk him to the counter.

"My girlfriend's house got mad," he said.  I looked at him with disbelief, but quickly remembered Casita.  Sheesh, how long has it been? At least a week.  OH CRAP.  ALVARO'S PLAYDATE AFTER THIS SHIFT.

"Casita?" I ask.

"Yeah, have you been to one of the gifting ceremonies?" He asks to make conversation while i calculate his price.

"Yeah, my little brother has been friends with Antonio for a while now, I'm taking him to see his friend after this shift," I say.

"So, i might see you later?" He asks.

"Probably. Have a good day," I say as I hand him his items and he exchanges his money.

A few hours pass, but no customers. To be fair, lunch rush finished a while ago so I decided to just relax and draw.

My older brother, Victor, walked in.

"Get out of my spot, shit face," he said.

Ah. Victor. Older brother, stuck up, thinks he deserves more than he's provided with but musters up the courage to say thank you every couple months or do. His self entitlement and bossiness is enraging.

Deciding he's not worth the time, i take off my apron and get ready to leave.  I go out the front entrance through the store this time, rather than me going to the side door inside. 

"Where are you going?"

"Taking Alvaro to hang out at his friends house.  I'm going to hang out with mine, too," I say as I make my way to Alvaro.   He seemed to be alone, just playing in the dirt.

"Hey, Lil' dude, ready to go play with your friend?" I ask.

"Took you long enough," he says. Getting up, he grabs my hand and begins walking with me to Casita.

It isn't long until we reach the house.  Yes, we may be on the other side of the village, but it's a small village so it doesn't take too long. I walk over to the door and knock.  Maybe 5 minutes later, i see a guy with curly hair and an orang-ish-yellow over shirt. He's my height, maybe a centimeter taller.  Oh! Mirabel's cousin.  What was it, Kylo? Camilo!

We make eye contact and he smirks. He leans on the door frame.

"Why hello there, precioso.  What can I do for you?" He asks slyly.  Cocky. Just...great.