48. I'LL WAIT FOR YOU

"Look! And this is a new turn!" Yoo exclaimed excitedly and swiftly made a piqué turn, gracefully lifting her left leg and turning on her own axis

"Beautiful, Yoo!" Jeongguk praised her, raising the corners of his lips in a sincere smile for the first time that day.

The little one made a few more turns, demonstrating what she had learned in her last ballet class, and the brunet watched her carefully, watching her smooth movements. The girl had not attended ballet classes for a long time, but she certainly had a talent for it. With each turn, the smile on his lips grew, as did the one on little Yoo's face. The girl wore a powder pink ballet dress with tulle frills moving lightly with every movement, and her dark hair was tied in a delicate braid that Yerim had braided her in the morning.

"Yoo, honey, don't bother your uncle. Uncle Gguk was supposed to be resting..." a male voice suddenly spoke, breaking through Yoo's melodious laugh, bouncing off the walls of the guest bedroom.

The little one immediately stopped spinning and looked towards the door, from where the voice was coming. When she noticed who was standing in the doorway, she squealed with joy and rushed towards the tall man who was leaning against the door frame, to fall into his strong arms.

"Daddy!" She screamed, throwing her arms around his neck.

Seokjin took his daughter in his arms and kissed her forehead, then stroked her hair lightly with his fingers, brushing one of the strands behind her left ear.

"Go to the kitchen, princess. Daddy brought you some ice cream to keep you strong in today's ballet class," he said to her, smiling. "Daddy will talk to uncle for a moment, and I will take you to class in a moment, hm?"

"Alright," the girl agreed.

Jin leaned in slightly again to place another soft kiss on her head, then set her to the ground and watched the girl run out of the room for a moment. Only when her pink ballet-clad figure faded from his eyes did he turn to face his brother.

"How did the stitches' removal go?" He asked as he entered the guest bedroom.

He closed the door behind him and walked over to his brother, who was still sitting on the bed. At his question, Jeongguk looked at his hands almost involuntarily. As the suturing physician had warned him, some wounds left scars. The one on the right hand was particularly visible, extending from the wrist, through almost the entire palm, crossing the line of life and ending almost at the index finger.

"A-alright," he said, though, almost involuntarily hiding his hands. "The wounds have healed well," he added, and got up from the bed.

Only now has Seokjin had the opportunity to examine his silhouette. The boy was wearing his black, elegant pants. The same ones he brought him here after his panic attack at TJE headquarters, but he was dressed in one of his shirts. It was an ordinary baby blue shirt with a delicate ornament on the collar. When Jeongguk realized his brother was watching him, he stepped nervously from foot to foot, then moistened his lips.