Bonus chapter: being seducive is hard work

Two year into our marriage and I am still not pregnant. Maybe because we try too hard... not that I can explain about the love-making.
"Why are you smiling like that?" Aragorn holds his reins short so Brego stops. Immediately I feel my cheeks burning.
"Nothing" I say as I also shorten my reins and stop my white mare. "Sara" Aragorn is smiling at me as he guides his horse closer to mine. "I know that look..." he smirks. "Elbereth" I curse as I avoid my husband's piercing gaze. "I was thinking about getting pregnant. And why it doesn't work. Not that I don't like trying" I say looking away. I feel Aragorn's calloused hand on my shoulder. "Sara...why are you thinking about that?" I shrug, still not looking at him. "And I love you" I can still hear Aragorn say when his voice is drowned out by shouting.  "King Elessar!  King Elessar!"  A squadron of soldiers is coming our way. They ride at high speed, their horses look hot and bothered. They stop before us. One of the younger soldiers looks battered.  "Uruk-Hai at the Eastern Border! They still wear Saruman's white hand on their breastplate!  We killed some, the rest fled into the hills. But the night is approaching, we think they will come back then!" Says the soldier breathlessly. "Take your wounded to the House of Healing Captain and the rest of you, fresh up and prepare for your next encounter with those Uruks. I am going with you" Aragorn states as he quickly turns Brego around, guiding him towards the city gate. I bite my tongue before I say that I am coming too.
I am certainly coming... but first I have to tell Aragorn that. I'm giving my mare the spurs so she's behind Brego into the White City.  On the second level are the stables and the soldiers' barracks, the armory and the houses of their families.  I quickly jump off my horse and hand her to the equerry so he can take care of her.  Aragorn's already in the armory, and I can't help but make my heart skip at the sight of his bare chest; muscular and scarred mark his chest.  He doesn't realize I'm staring at him as he puts on his Mithril vest and picks up his tunic from the floor again and pulls it over his head.  He puts on a breastplate with the engraving of the white tree of Gondor on it. The sign of his kingship. His hair hangs in front of his face and the last rays of the sun warm his face so that it seems as if his dark hair is being lit up. As if he is one of the Valar himself. "Like what you see?" Aragorn's piercing gray-bluish eyes look into mine. His lips form a smirk, the one I know all too well. "Very" I say trying to sound seductive. I walk quickly towards him and he takes me in his arms, pressing me against his cold breastplate. But I feel his heartbeat coming through this all; he feels warm and I know this is home.

And I can say that I am going with him on Uruk hunting.

I press my lips to his, quickly losing all thought. His arms wrap tighter around me as he groans in our kiss. Something that makes my knees go weak. "Gi Melin" He whispers as I pull back for breath. "Gi Melin" I reply as I bow forward to kiss him again, this time his tongue demands entrance and I give it to him. It is a battle, like it always is. But it is heated and passionate and I want more. By the feeling of it Aragorn wants more.

He wants more. But now is not the time.

I smile in our kiss as I lay my hands on his chest and pull alway. "No, no. Stay" He whispers as he presses his lips back on mine. He groans and he knows this is making my knees go weak. And I almost give in.
Almost.

"My king"

God. Why?!

Aragorn laughs as he kisses me one more time. But he still keeps his arms wrapped around my waist. "Yes?"
"We are ready and waiting for you, my king" The captain of the squadron stands in the doorway of the armory. "My queen" he nods and I see that he is blushing.

And he is blushing! I am a tomato! My God, this is embarrassing....

I manage to nod and turn back to Aragorn. I dare to kiss him again on the lips as I look him in the eyes. "You have to grab my armor as well, Mellamin. I am going too"

He can't say no to that, not with the captain looking. He cannot refuse me this.

His eyes grow wide when he hears my words. But I look to the captain and push myself out of Aragorn's grip. "Prepare my horse, Captain. I ride with you!" The young captain bows. "Yes my queen" He looks at me and I smile, then he turns around and leaves us again. "Sara!" Aragorn calls out and I can hear the hold back anger in his voice. "I am going"
"Wait, this was just seducing me to get what you wanted?" I shake my head, laughing as I walk to the row of woman armor. I have my own; being queen I have the same engraving as Aragorn. But with breasts, you know. And it is with Mithril in it, Aragorn wouldn't make any mistakes with making my breastplate.
"Sara!" Aragorn cries out again and I can help but laugh at his flustered face. I fasten my breastplate and my forearm protectors. With already having my belt around my waist, what carries my sword; you are a warrior-queen or not. I am ready for battle.
I face my hot-headed husband.
"No, my love. I did it because I wanted to. But yes, I saw an opportunity. His hands glide over my shoulders, down my back.
"Valar, what you do to me" he hoarsely whispers. "How sooner we have killed those Uruks, how sooner we are home and can finish what we started" I try to say seductively. Aragorn laughs as his hands roam over my back. "You are right Mellamin" He releases me, I can notice it cost him a lot of effort. Hand in hand we walk to our waiting soldiers. We both look a bit flustered and our soldiers are of course talking about it. But Aragorn ignores it as he leads me to my horse and helps me up. When he mounts Brego he leads our soldiers down the second level to the ground floor, where we leave the gates and safety of the White City for the new grown grasslands of Gondor. We ride east as that is where we last spotted the Uruks. Without torches we ride into the nightly air. It is chilly and when the dark shadows of the hills tower before us, I can see some light in the distance. Aragorn sees it too and holds his hand high to signal us to stop. I hold my breath as a terrifying shriek can be heard through the night. A group of Uruks on their beasts are racing towards us, their torches lit and their shrieks terrifying.

Bitches, I fought in the War of the Ring. This is nothing I can't handle.

With a roar we ride into battle, soon the Uruks fall quicker on the grass than they can count. Did they really think they could win this?
But too late I hear one of my fellow soldiers scream my title, my name and an arrow pierces my not covered arm. Right through the sleeve of my dress and the blood is gushing out of it.
The one thing I learned in tv-shows. Keep the pointy thing in your body otherwise you die. My horse rears and I lose my balance. I fall quite hard on the grass on my stomach. A sharp pain shoots through my arm and I quickly roll onto my back. I see stars, figuratively and literally.
I really need to come out more often at night to see the stars here; they are so different from home.
But the pain soon returns when I hear Aragorn yell my name.
"Sara!" Aragorn's cry gives me shivers as he slaughters the remaining Uruks like a mad-man. He jumps off Brego while our soldiers handle the rest. Aragorn falls on his knees next to me as he gathers me in his arms. "It is just an arrowhead" I hiss through the pain as I try to smile.
"Don't" Is all he says as he inspects the wound. His eyes lock with mine as he presses me against his breastplate. "I promised..." He gasps for breath. "That I would protect you and I intend to keep that damn promise" I lay my hand on his cheek so I can guide his face closer to mine.
"You always protect me. Even now, Mellamin. I am okay because of you" I say, meaning every word as my heart flows with love for this man.
"I love you" He says in Western tongue as he kisses me fiercely.