02. GOD! IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE.

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

you huff, almost vomiting your pyro element from your throat. kaeya laughs, almost vulgarly, watching you suffer through the long run around Mondstadt. not only did he make you fight five mitachurls at once, he made you run around your favored teyvat city twice. twice.

"are you done yet?" kaeya announces, ready to degrade your every skill if you chose to give up. as you look up to him, he raises an eyebrow cockily. crossing his arms, he raises his proud chin. "you know, you don't have to keep going on if you're tired."

"oh, shut up," you rebuke, sighing as you huff. you wouldn't give up. so, as you push your hands from your knees, hoisting your body back up, you jog past the icy blue gaze.

he follows right behind you, pacing himself so that he's right next to you. "tell me, y/n, what have you so sure that you can do this job right?" he questions with a chuckle. "i think all you're doing is terrorizing what i had set in store."

"things are dependent upon change. nothing is ever destroyed, just rebuilt," your words cause the man to roll his eyes, his slight jog speeding up with yours. "i love mondstadt just as much as you, trust me. some people just deserve the spot more than you."

"i've set that spot to be mine. that's why."

"well, that spot was obviously expired."

"shut up, y/n. did you cheat?"

"excuse me, kaeya, i'm not that desperate."

"then give me my spot back!"

"you're such a child- ouch!" you fall on a rock, bumping your face into the grass. you hear the sound of steps falter as the laughter increases. "kaeya, you little-!"

"i didn't push you, you're the one who tripped!" he exclaims, holding his stomach as he bends over slightly. "my, what a fall! you looked quite hilarious with the panic written on your face."

you snarl, getting up. "don't start a fight with me, alberich."

"we're on last name terms now, huh?"

"we may just be less than acquaintances if you continue on in such a manner," you snark back, walking back to mondstadt. "i'm going to tell jean about all the mistreatment you give me. are you sure she's going to want you to have a spot back on the team?"

your words alarm him, the two of you crossing the bridge. "i'll tell her all the things you want me to do. you want me to damage my sword, to hurt others, to give up, everything—!"

as he swings you across the bridge, laid against the stone railing, his arms trap you between the proximity of you and him. his blue hair tickles at your skin, your faces centimeters close that you can feel the heat from his body.

"don't you dare say a word," he grits his teeth. "or i'll take my title back myself."