𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
"Survivalist"
——

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO"Survivalist"——

"Jane! Wake up. Come on, Jane!" Joslyn shouts and Jane can hear it but it's quiet faint while she's trying to wake up from her forced slumber. "Mm" Jane mumbles while she slowly begins to open her eyes. "Jane? Are you awake?" Joslyn asks and Jane feels a rush of adrenaline flow through her body and she widens her eyes remembering where she's at and the kind of people she's dealing with.

"Jane! Calm down" Joslyn says as she grunts while trying to get out of the straps holding her down to the medical bed. "We have to get out of here" Jane states as she looks down at her arm and sees a bandage on it. "They took blood" Jane realizes and looks around the room as bright lights shined down on her and Joslyn leaving the rest of the room dark. "Jane. Your knife. Is it still in your boot?" Joslyn asks and Jane grunts while moving around in the straps. "I don't know" Jane answers and Joslyn groans in annoyance.

The door opens and Jane sees the wife appear as she gets closer to the light. "How did you sleep?" She asks as she walks over to Joslyn and removes the bandaid off her arm, prepared to draw more blood. "Why are you taking more blood. If you take too much we'll barley be able to keep our eyes open" Jane states as she turns her head to face the women. "That's the point. If we take blood a little at a time it taste better if you know what I mean" The women says letting out a little chuckle at her not so funny joke.

"You're disgusting!" Jane screams as she kicks her legs but can't kick them as much as her legs have been strapped down the tightest. "I like to think of myself and my husband as survivalist" The women says and Jane widens her eyes. "Survivalist? Oh, you better be joking" Jane says as she watches the women finish up taking more blood from Joslyn and start walking over to Jane then removes her bandaid. "Are your people on their way or did they get caught up in traffic?" The women asks as she removes the bandaid from Jane's arm and pierces her with a needle and watches the blood flow into the bag.

"Shut up" Jane says as she looks to the women aggressively and the women just shrugs her shoulders. Jane starts to feel light headed and her head falls back on the bed but she quickly opens her eyes and tries to keep her eyes open. "Seems like someone's getting tired" The women says as she continues to let the blood flow into the bag longer than she should. "I think— I think that's enough" Jane mumbles and the women lets out a sigh and pretends to look at her nails like she's busy. "Hey! Leave her alone!" Joslyn shouts as she finds a buckle on one of the straps but can't seem to reach it.

"Fine" The women says and removes the needle out of Jane's arm and places a new bandaid over the hole. "I'll be back for more" The women says leaving with two bags of blood, one more full than the other. Joslyn begins trying to reach the buckle and looks over at Jane to make sure she's still awake. "Jane. I need you too keep your eyes open" Joslyn says as she practically bends her hand and starts to form a bruise on it while trying reach the buckle.

"I'm awake" Jane says as she breathes heavily and feels the adrenaline slowly but surely start to leave while she feels dizzy. "Mm. This is gonna hurt" Joslyn mumbles as she uses all her strength to break her wrist so she's able to reach the buckle. "Ah.. Oh my god" Joslyn whisper shouts trying to keep quiet so the husband and wife don't return to soon. "Come on" Joslyn cries out softly as she uses her other hands to undo the buckles and stands to her feet but stands to fast and almost drops to the floor but she catches herself and lands on the bed.

"Joslyn, what are you doing?" Jane mumbles as she manages to turn her head towards Joslyn and see she's out of her restraints. "I'm getting us out of here" Joslyn says as she clears her throat and holds her wrist in her hand while walking up to Jane's bed but before she can undo the restraints the door opens. "I'm back—" the women stutters and Joslyn turns around and the women drops her medical supplies and grabs her handgun and fires two shots but Joslyn ducks before they can hit her.

The gunshots startled Jane and she widens her eyes. "Joslyn! Run!" Jane shouts and the women fires two more shots in Joslyn's way while she runs around the room trying to dodge the shots and make it towards the women. "How did you get out?" The women screams and Joslyn pushes the medical bed at the women full force while she's not paying attention and the women backs into the wall and drops her gun on the ground. Jane hears a loud thud but in the distance and doesn't know what it could be so she tries her hardest to get out of her restraints but there's no way she can do this while being light head from lack of blood and without Joslyn's help.

Joslyn rushes towards the gun and picks it up off the floor ready to fight for herself and her sister while being injured but is caught off guard by another gunshot that killed the women and Joslyn didn't even fire the gun in her hand. Jane looks to the door and sees 3 more people in the door way and is confused as they look blurry in her vision.  "Jane, Jane it's me" Someone says and Jane can't make out who it is until they get closer and place a hand on Jane's cheek, pushing the hair out of her face. Jane's vision became clear and she looked up at the person she thought she'd ever seen since she was losing hope they would ever come. "Rick.. Oh" Jane cries out as tears side down her cheeks and Joslyn walks up beside Rick and undoes the restraints with her good hand so Jane's free.

"Rick" Jane says as Rick helps her stands from the bed and no matter how light headed she is and the pain she was in she wrapped her arms around him and held him tight and all the bad thoughts of what could've happened to him went away. "I thought I'd never see you" Jane cries out as she pulls away from the hug. "What about her? Is she good?" Michonne asks referring to Jane's sister Joslyn. "She's good. I promise" Jane answers and Michonne nods her head towards Jane then towards Joslyn.

Jane turns around and looks to Carl and she smiles at him as Rick helps her over to him and automatically Carl wraps her arm around Jane and Jane returns the hug. "Are you okay?" Jane asks pulling away from the hug and looking down at Carl who nods his head and fixes the hat that laid on his head. "Are you okay?" Jane asks as she looks over to Michonne who smiles and pats Jane's shoulder. "I'm always fine" Michonne says and Jane chuckles softly then looks back over at Rick who places a hand on her cheek again but quickly pulls his hand away and Jane clears her throat and holds onto his shoulder for support.

"Have you seen Glenn?" Jane asks and Rick shakes his head disappointed. "We haven't seen anyone" Rick answers and looks over at Joslyn. "Your hand okay?" He asks and Joslyn shrugs. "I don't think so but they have some medical supplies, I'll manage. I'm sorry— I'm sorry about your loss. I'm sorry for anything I've caused" Joslyn apologizes and Rick sends her a nod accepting her apology and accepting her into the group.

"We should get out of here. Those shots could've alerted walkers" Carl suggest and Rick nods as she puts Jane's arm over his shoulder then places a hand on her waist giving her more support and begins helping her walk out of the crazy barn. "Where will we go?" Jane asks. "We saw this sign for a place called Terminus. We're hoping the rest of the group went there too" Rick says and Jane nods her head as Joslyn and Michonne pick up extra guns and supplies on there way out.

"I'm glad you're okay" Rick says and Jane looks over at him while they make it onto some train tracks and Joslyn manages to wrap up her wrist and Michonne and Carl walk along the rails to see who can stay on there the longest and Rick continues to help her walk. "I'm glad you're okay too" Jane says as her and Rick share a long glance before Jane finds the courage to look away and start to walk on her own with Rick beside her for support just incase. The group consisted of Jane, Rick, Carl, Michonne and now Joslyn. Hopefully, the group would expand and they would find their people. More importantly Jane would get to find Glenn who was on her mind at the moment.

To Terminus they go. But at Terminus will they stay?