𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
"No remorse"
——

Rick, Carl, Jane, Joslyn and Michonne are on another part of the railroad tracks

Rick, Carl, Jane, Joslyn and Michonne are on another part of the railroad tracks. Carl and Michonne are walking on the rails, to see who can stay balanced the longest while Joslyn judges and Jane and Rick walk ahead. "They were cannibals?" Rick asks as Jane explains what happened to Jane and Joslyn in the barn with the married couple. "Yeah, she took blood from us and everything" Jane explains and Rick widens his eyes as he shakes his head.

"Let's change the subject. Anything I should know?" Jane asks and Rick shrugs. "Besides the fact we only got about a days worth of water left—" Rick says but is cut off by laughter hears behind them. Jane and Rick stop in their tracks and see Michonne and Carl walking on the rails while Josly walks in the middle of them judging. "What are you doing?" Rick asks and Jane lets out a few chuckles.

"Winning a bet" Carl answers and Michonne scoffs jokingly. "In your dreams" Michonne retaliates. "I don't know, your kind of slipping a bit" Joslyn says looking to Michonne with a smile on her face. "Im still on" Carl says and just as he says that he begins to tip over but still manages to keep his balance and Michonne laughs at his almost fail. "Spoke to see wise guy" Michonne jokes as they continue on the rails.

Jane and Rick start walking back towards them so they can catch up with them. "This might on a while. Maybe we can speed this up" Rick says and Jane sighs as she walks towards Carl and pushes him the slightest bit but he catches himself. "Hey!" Carl warns and Jane and Michonne both erupt in laughter. After that, Michonne tries to scare Carl off so she can win the bet but accidentally falls off herself. "Carl is the winner!" Joslyn cheers and Carl claps as he jumps off the railing a bit and puts his hand out. "I won. Pay up" Carl says and Michonne looks to Joslyn who shrugs. "You did fall" Joslyn says siding with Carl and Michonne scoffs jokingly as Michonne reaches in her bag and pulls out two candy bars. One of them being a Big Cat chocolate bar. "Is that really the last Big Car?" Carl asks and begins going for the big cat candy bar which is the biggest one and clearly Michonne's favorite.

"Oh, come on" Michonne begs. "You said it was winners choice" Carl says and Michonne sighs and lets carl have the candy bar. After picking the big cat candy bar, he splits it with her. Rick and Jane smile at the kindness and the group turns around and begins their journey to Terminus.

While continuing there journey the group thought they should settle down for a moment and rest in the woods. They set up animal traps and made a fire to stay warm for the cold nights. They are now camping out in the woods, sitting by there fire before going to check one of their recently installed snare traps for animals. "How hungry are you on a scale from 1-10?" Rick asks looking to Carl who plays with the crunched up leaves below him. "About a 15" Carl answers and Jane scoffs. "I say about a 20" Jane answers and Rick looks over at Joslyn. "25" She answers as she puts in some more fire wood to help the fire grow. "I got you all beat. 28" Michonne states and everyone lets out small quiet laughters and looks to the fire being prepared. "I'm gonna go check the snares" Rick says and Carl wonders if he can go and Rick agrees.