𝟏𝟎. decontamination

WHITE FLAG

chapter ten : decontamination
{ season one - episode six }

chapter ten : decontamination{ season one - episode six }

THE BRIGHT LIGHTS flickered on in the stairwell Rick, Shane, Glenn, T-Dog and Kloe were walking through. They were going to check on the generators that Jenner had mentioned. Nobody else knew what decontamination meant, but Kloe somewhat knew what it meant, she just couldn't put it into words. "Decontamination?" Glenn asked, his voice echoing through the stairwell. "What does that mean?"

"Come on, Kloe," Rick encouraged, "I need you to think of words on what it means."

"I- I don't know. It's really hard to explain. My tenth grade science teacher told me what it meant and he used all the fancy words and shit," she said, feeling pressured, "I don't know what any of the words meant, I only remember the words 'chemicals' and 'radioactive substances.' Does that help?"

"A little," Rick answered truthfully, grunting as he skipped a few steps.

"Whether you know it or not, we can't be too sure," Shane spoke up. "I don't like the way Jenner clammed up. The way he just wandered off like that."

"What's wrong with him?" T-Dog asked. "Seriously, man, is he nuts, medicated, or what?"

The five adults noticed a small map on the wall of the basement, showing all of the generators in their places. "In there," Rick pointed.

Simultaneously, the four others all followed the man as they grew closer and closer to darkness, so Kloe switched on her flashlight and lifted it up for the others.

Rick pushed open a door, causing it to screech and clang as it widened. One by one, they all stepped inside slowly. Rick darted his head around, searching for a light switch. As soon as he found it, he hurried over and pressed his index finger against it, filling the room with light.

Kloe brought my flashlight down to her waist, not bothering to switch it off. There was nothing but silence as she scanned the room that was filled with pipes.

"Check that way," Rick pointed in the direction Kloe was facing. "Shane, come with me."

Glenn and Kloe shared a quick glance before walking through the narrow hallway, surrounded by pipes. She shifted her eyes across the area, searching for any generators that they happened to cross.

Glenn was at least two meters in front of the girl, and T-Dog was around ten meters behind her. "Do you know what any of this stuff is?" Glenn asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"No," she snorted in reply. "I'm not a smart-ass. Although, I can tell that some of these are generators, but they're all dead."

He swiveled his head slightly with a small grin on his face, "Yeah, there's nothing."