23

—— MIDNIGHT

—— MIDNIGHT

Jungwon and the others snuck out of the house to go street racing, was it necessary? No. But was it fun? Yes, they convinced me into it, I couldn't say no !

"Where are those rascals?!" Jungwon squeezed his eyes searching for the three musketeers also known as Nicholas,Ej and K.

"Someone call our names?" A deep chuckle released from behind, Jungwon turned his head and grinned looking at Ej and the rest, pulling the guys in for a hug.

"It's been so long since you came back to Seattle, this school trip is doing us some favors." Nicholas brought up, ruffling Jungwon's hair.

"Yeeun, we haven't seen your graceful ass since we left Korea. How have you been beauty?" Ej brought the girl into his arms, receiving a threatening stare from Sunghoon.

Ej noticed and slowly let her out of his embrace, Ej then hugged Sunghoon next and whispered "Sorry I forgot you have a thing for her." The boy snickered, Sunghoon punched his arm, not too hard but hard enough for the other to grimace in pain.

"And who's this..." K stared from top to bottom, "Hyerim, Park Hyerim. The new member of the team, also Yeeun's younger cousin." Jay introduced proudly.

"Welcome to the Lunar Serpentines, so what do you do?" K questioned.

"I'm learning how to street race, I used to be a referee but we had some problems. Nice to meet you, and you are?"

"Just call me K." He winked.

"Nicholas hack into the cameras and block them, make sure you can't get any access of them from today." Ej whispered into canal of his ears.

The racers began to get into their positions, "ON YOUR MARK... GET SET...

GO ! "

The cars sped off in an instance, with their increasing speeds they were already gone from the starting line.

I was in the car with Jungwon as he increased the speed of his vehicle, "Feeling dizzy rim?"

"Don't talk, focus on the road or else we're dead. And I'm fine."

"I know what I'm doing we're not going to crash Rim, I've been doing this for a long time." He clicked his tongue, chuckling at the fact that I'm worried.

"This is just the beginning, you want to see some real speed Hyerim?" He put on a sly grin, what are you planning you cryptic cat?

"Jungwon please don't tell me you're gonna do what I think you're gonna do..." I let out a whimper, he better not do what I think he's about to do.

He pressed onto the pedals while the speeding meter went extremely high, I started to scream while he just began laughing. With that, he made it to the finish line.

But that's when we saw the lights flashing, blue and red. Jungwon's eyes widened at the sight and his head faced me. "Shit...Hyerim. I need you to put on your fucking seatbelt! I'm gonna run!" He cursed beneath his breath.

"WHAT JUNGW-" Jungwon hit the pedals, maximum speed. I began to scream but Jungwon was too focused on the road, American street racing can kiss my ass...I don't want to do this ever again.

The cops were chasing after us, the others probably saw them and got away. Now it was us driving in zigzags, Jungwon increased the speed nearly all the way and we managed to pull through and escape.

He drove the random car into the garage of Jay's house where he saw the others, parking there cars there and panting heavily.

"You guys went on the run too?"

"Yea they were chasing after us like crazy, thank god we got away and had Nicholas take out the cameras." - K

"We'll head home now, and let's not street race. Let's just hang out like normal people because we already have the cops on us." Ej sighed, his heart was heavy from the stress.

"See you all." The three waved, taking their cars out of the garage.

Never will I do American street racing.

——