Five

"Are you sure you're okay, Haneul?" Mrs

"Are you sure you're okay, Haneul?" Mrs. Park looks at her with a worried expression.

"I'm okay, thank you so much for the meal. It's really good." her pain is now much better and bearable. The pill has done its work. "I'll be leaving now, goodbye Mrs. Park." she smiles.

"Take care, Haneul! Eat your meals regularly and take care of your health!" Jay's mom waves her hand to her bidding goodbyes.

She smiles to her ear, feeling happy that someone advised her to take care of her health, no one ever said that to her.

They both enter Jay's car, he turns on the engine before pressing the gas pedal to leave the mansion.

"How can you choke on asparagus? I've never heard someone choke on it before." Jay glances at her on his right.

"I don't know, it happens. You just never know."

Jay let out a small chuckle, believing her words. "Actually I'm quite surprised my dad isn't as harsh as he would be." He continues.

"Maybe he likes me."

"Nah, he's picky. Maybe he just pities you."

"Pity? Why would he?"

"Why did you say you're my assistant? Now he will be suspicious of us because I've never had an assistant ever in my life before." he explains while letting out a sigh of disappointment.

"Then what am I supposed to say? I don't even know so I just say whatever comes to my mind." she pouts her lips looking away from him.

Jay let out a chuckle, "It's fine, you're good. Anyways thanks for today."

Haneul spins her head back to him, "Is my job done here?"

"Of course not."

"What? I thought I'm pretending to be your girlfriend just to see your parents?"

"Are you slow? Don't you see that girl in my parent's house?" he took a glance at her before looking back on the road.

"That blonde hair girl?"

Jay nodded his head, "My dad arranged my marriage with her."

Haneul looks at him with her eyebrows raised in surprise but later turns into a smirk.

"Why not?"

"Why not what?"

"She's pretty?"

Jay let out a sigh, "Looks isn't everything, dumbass. She's crazy, why would I want to marry a mentally ill asylum girl."

"Crazy? What did she do?"

"A lot. You don't have to know."

Haneul let out a scoff, crossing her arms across her chest. "Tch, boring." Jay shook his head not bothering her childish attitude.