Kyoshi Island

I felt like we had been riding forever to get to Kyoshi, and I had wished we'd taken after animals to ride on when leaving the Fire Nation. But we were finally here on the shore of Kyoshi Island "I want the Avatar alive!" Zuko expressed to the soldiers who accompanied us as if anyone would be stupid enough to kill the Avatar. Zuko was quiet, nervous even when approaching the village "they probably already know we're here. Everyone prepare for an attack," I tell the readying my weapon connected to my leg.

"Come out Avatar! You can't hide from me forever!" Zuko shouted into the town where I could see multiple faces peeking out of doorways. When no response came to his call he ordered the soldiers to "find him," sending them out into the quiet village. Then warriors clan in green robes and wearing white and red makeup came down from the roofs circling the rhinos. They were quick and disarmed the non-bending soldiers quickly. One sprinted towards Zuko and me, Zuko sent out three blasts but the warrior dodged every shot. 

She jumped attempting to gain leverage over us, but I slapped the rhino's backside sending his tail out in front of us slapping the girl down to the ground. Zuko attempted to send another blast out to keep her down but another warrior came out and diminished the flames with the fans they all carried. We were surrounded by four of the warriors, but it was hardly fair. Then not understanding I was a master fire bender with the tricks to spare. Zuko looked at me and I jumped and grabbed a ceiling rail while he did the fire spiral I had taught him.

Two of the warriors fell back, but two were left standing, as I jumped back down we faced off between the two from earlier. Zuko knocked down his opponent and he ran out to the street. I was unlocked in battle with the two now, and when they thought they had the upper hand I unleashed my greatest weapon. I dropped a glass ball with a powder that spreads like wildfire when ignited, I let my flames loose and charged out of there. When in doubt get out.

As we fought forward trying hard to catch up with the Avatar, but before we got close we saw the familiar white bison. "Zuko!" I shouted to him pointing up to the bison " back to the ship! don't lose sight of them!" Zuko called out to the soldiers as we fleed to the rhinos to get out of here. As we ran off to the ship I could see the flames and the destruction that we'd caused and I felt dread in my stomach over it. I wanted the Avatar yes, but at what cost? 

As we were nearing our way out of the village a giant monster rupted from the water and spued water down over us and the village. Although Zuko and the other soldiers grumbled over being drenched I couldn't help but smile looking back at the saved villiage.

I just hated being the thing that they were saved from.