Chapter Seventeen

Following the events of yesterday, I woke up with a massive smile on my face. Damian has insisted we share a bed and have a cuddle but I told him it was probably too soon for that. He actually complied and slept in his own bed. The other reason I had woken up with a massive smile on my face was that there was a balloon which said thank you along with a teddy bear attached to the end of it. The teddy bear was extremely adorable but the balloon had me confused. Why was he thanking me? Did I do something nice that I don't remember?

I got out of bed and patted the teddy bear's head. I then walked out of my room and called for Damian. I frowned when I didn't receive a reply. Maybe he had work? Oh, I don't know. I was about to go to his room to see if he was asleep, because maybe he was, but I was stopped when I heard my phone ringing.

I see Jake's name pop up. "Hey, Jake. How's everything?"

"It's going okay." He didn't sound so happy though, so I pressed on.

"How's things with you and Samantha?" I mean, his mood has obviously got something to do with her. He went out there to see her so obviously if things weren't too good, it's because things between the two weren't to cheery.

"I think we're okay." Well, that's good. I'm glad to hear that, but he said think. "I'm at hers right now and we're talking it through still. Her parents haven't been too pleased to see me and at first they had forbid me to come in. It was crazy and I was scared I wouldn't get the chance to see Sam. Thankfully, she came to my rescue, sort of, and told her parents to let me in. We briefly spoke at first and she shouted at me, yelled and hit me too but I think there understandable. I pretty much broke her heart. Today we're speaking things through a bit more and you know, more calmly and without her hitting me. She's actually just popped up to get dressed because I kind of arrived before she even woke up. Offered to leave and come back later but she actually seemed happy to see me! But anyway, how are things with you? Is Damian treating you good?" I guess you could say that.

"I'm glad to hear things are going good with you guys, you deserve to be happy," I tell him.

"You deserve to be happy too." Well, I'm kind of happy with your best friend at the moment. "Now tell me, is everything okay with you? You avoided my question."

"Well, I wanted you to know I was happy for you. I'm good and yes, Damian is treating me good." He then asked if Damian was doing okay. "He's doing good too."

"Great! Well, I can hear Sam coming down. I'll speaks to you later, I love you."

"I love you more! Good luck." We cut the call and I throw my phone on my bed. I head to Damian's room and knock on the door. When I heard nothing, I walk in. His bed was made and so I guessed he must have definitely gone to work. I walked back to my room and sat on my bed, looking at the teddy bear and back at the balloon. Honestly, why does it say thank you? What is he thanking me for? What have I done?

I was dangling my feet until I let out a loud scream. I then heard laughter. Damian. "Got you back!" he exclaimed, coming out from under my bed. He stood up and dusted himself off and then sat on my bed, pulling me into a sideways hug. I was glaring at him, playfully of course. How could I be mad at him when I did the exact same thing to him yesterday? Instead of freaking out, I embraced the hug and hugged him back. "So, Jake is doing good?" Oh, right, he heard my whole phone conversation!

"Yeah, I think they might get back together. I don't know how they were when they were dating but I just hope he wins her back because I think it'll be good for him. Maybe he will also ease up a bit more, and hopefully accept us as a couple." He agreed with me, at least I think he did. All he did was hum in reply and kiss the side of my head. I smiled, loving the feeling. "How did they meet?" I never asked Jake. I don't know why I didn't.