.041

I wake up on the floor, my eyes nearly swollen shut and still sticky with the remnants of tears. I wipe away at them with the back of my hand, deciding this is a great way to start my day. My muscles are sore from laying on the hard floor all night, but it's ignorable with everything going on in my head.

I change into a pair of jeans, a T-shirt with blue, white, black, and gray stripes, and the corduroy jacket Olivia had brought me. Afterwards, I go to the bathroom to wash my face in an attempt to rid my skin of the splotchy, red smears covering my eyes. I run a hand through my brown, wavy hair before grabbing a hair tie and pulling it up into a ponytail. I tug a few stray pieces down in front of my ears to frame my face. Just the motions of changing and getting ready have made me feel more normal than I have in a long time, even after coming to Alexandria.

I walk downstairs, starving for food. Rick and Daryl are having breakfast. I tell them good morning before grabbing some oatmeal and sitting at the dinning room table with them. "Can you take me out today? Like you used to?" I ask Daryl. I've finally come to terms with the fact that I want to be out there again, no matter how many poor past experiences the world beyond these walls have given me. The experiences inside the walls haven't exactly been ideal, either. Besides, I'm itching for adventure, something that has been lacking inside of Alexandria, but is ever present in the wilderness.

Daryl shakes his head. "I have work today. I'm heading out with Aaron."

"Then can I come?"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

In the past, I've learned that I have quite the talent for swaying Daryl to be on my side. For having such a seemingly tough exterior, he does have a soft spot for the people he cares about. Those people are the same ones he makes exceptions for, but right now, that doesn't seem to be the case.

"Soon?"

"Maybe." The front door opens and Rosita comes in.

"Is Michonne still here?" she asks, somewhat concerned but trying to hide it.

"She's in her room." Rosita nods before walking off to find her.

"I wonder what that was about?" Rick questions, taking a sip of his coffee. Daryl shrugs as if nothing about that situation was to be of concern at all. A few minutes later, the two women come back into the front room. I'm surprised to see that Michonne hasn't changed into her uniform yet.

"We're going to look for Sasha," Michonne sighs seriously.

"What do you mean? She's missing?" I ask. Michonne nods.

"She was on watch all night. Now, we can't find her."

"Can I come with?" I ask. Daryl wasn't exactly in the position to take me out, but it's still worth a shot to ask Michonne. Plus, I'll be able to escape the walls for a bit while also helping in the efforts of finding Sasha.

"Ask Rick," Michonne replies.

I look to Rick who shrugs. "Ask Michonne."

"She can come," Rosita says, clearly meaning business. "Grab your knife and let's go." I leave my empty oatmeal bowl on the table as I run to my room and find my belt and knife, pulling it around my waist. I haven't worn it in quite a few days, so the weight feels wrong and unusual. The adjustment is quick, however, because I'm throwing my boots on and catching up with Michonne and Rosita outside just a moment later.

"Has anyone gone to check on Tara?" I ask, thinking of the missing girl that would surely have wanted to tag along with us.

Rosita nods. "I stopped by this morning. She's stable, but I want to go back later to check back up on her." That's relieving. What's upsetting is knowing that when she does come back into consciousness, she'll have no idea about everything that has happened while she was out. She won't even know about Noah and they were so close.