Book 2: Chapter 6

"...I really like you."

I sat there in silence for a moment. 'Why does this seem familiar...like some type of deja vu?' I thought to myself. I then remembered I hadn't responded. I looked into Taka's deep red eyes. "I like you, too," I said, smiling. He let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought for a second you were going to reject me," he said, looking to the side. "And why would I do that?" I asked him, laughing. "I don't know! I'm sort of new to this relationship stuff," he said, smiling.

"So, are you my boyfriend, then?" I asked him. He looked back at me. "Yes," he said, confidently. I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him in. I planted a small kiss on his lips and pulled away. A soft blush formed on his cheeks. I laughed.

"Don't make fun of me!" he said, laughing and crossing his arms, pouting. "I'm not. I just thought you looked really cute," I replied, poking his cheek. I stood up and walked to the door. "Come on, I'm heading to the library," I said, gesturing for him to follow me. He stood up and walked over to me. We walked out of my dorm.

"I'm going to have to pass on going to the library. I want to check out some more parts of the school, like the classrooms and the school store," he said. I laughed. "Of course you do. Alright, I'll meet up with you later today," I said, heading to the library.

I walked up the stairs. Once I got on the second floor, there was nothing but silence. 'I guess Hina gave up on trying to swim today,' I thought, walking over to the library doors. I pushed them open and saw Byakuya and Toko inside.

Byakuya was sitting in the chair, reading a book, as Toko was standing in the corner watching him. As I walked into the room, his eyes glanced up at me, and then back down to his book. Ignoring the awkward silence, I walked over to the closet with the classified books. I searched through some of the titles, trying to find something about the school, or really anything interesting at all.

After a few minutes of searching, I felt as if someone was behind me. "Are you trying to sneak up on me again?" I asked, turning around. Sure enough, Byakuya was standing at the doorway. He scoffed. "No. I was simply trying to find another book," he said, walking to the bookshelf and placing the file into an empty slot. I walked over to the book he put down and grabbed it.

It was a file on the infamous serial killer 'Genocide Jack,' that provided unknown facts that were never released to the public. "If you had these books at your house, why are you reading them again?" I asked him, now doubting the fact that he had read all of these. "No reason," he said, simply. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the chair Byakuya was sitting in and sat down. I put my feet on top of the desk and crossed my legs. I started opening the file when he walked over to me quickly.

He reached out and tried to grab the file from my grasp. I moved it so he couldn't get it. "You can't read that," he said, trying to grab it from my hands, frantically. "Watch me," I said, turning to a bookmarked page. I read the page aloud.

"All of the crimes took place either on weekdays at night, or during holidays, either day or night," I started. "(Y/n), stop," he said, getting angry. I stood up and walked away from him. "The most common time for the killings to take place was on holidays, in the afternoon," I continued. I then skipped a few lines.

"...the suspect may potentially suffer from dissociative identity disorder," I said, closing the file and looking back at him. "Why don't you want me to read this? Afraid I'm going to mess up your future plans? Don't get me wrong, but I don't think you're smart enough to get away with murder. Either that, or you're too smart to involve yourself in the game," I told him.

He narrowed his eyes. "Fine, read it. I don't care," he said, walking back over to the closet. I looked at Toko, who was standing there awkwardly, fidgeting with her hands. I walked back over to the desk and sat down, continuing reading to myself.

Before I knew it, it was already 7pm, according to the clock. I got up and left the library to go look for Taka. I was still hoping to workout, so I would just find him to say goodnight. I walked to his dorm and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Oh, hello (y/n)!" he said, stepping outside and kissing me on the cheek. I smiled. "I just wanted to stop by and say goodnight," I said. He nodded. "Do you have somewhere to be?" he asked. "I'm hoping to go workout," I replied.

"Sounds good. I'm actually heading to the dining hall if you want to eat first?" he offered. I shook my head. "I'm alright. Thank you, though!" I said. "I'll see you tomorrow," I added, kissing him and walking to the storage room. I entered and grabbed a white jersey and a swimsuit. I walked out of the room and headed over to the locker rooms. I quickly got changed and headed over to the steps.

I walked to the girl's locker room, and put my key card to the door. It opened, and I walked inside. There are some weights neatly piled on a rack, with some mats in the corner. Against the wall, there's some pull up bars next to a boy band poster, with lockers to the side. And of course, there was a camera in the corner of the room. I then saw the door along the wall that leads to the pool.

I decided I would do a core workout and lift some weights, and if I had time, go swimming after. I grabbed a mat and placed it neatly on the floor, setting up all of the things I would need. I then started my workout. About an hour and a half passed, as I was finishing up stretching. I looked at the time and it was 9pm. I sighed and stood up.

I walked to the door that leads to the pool and pushed it open. The smell of chlorine filled my lungs. I grabbed a towel from the rack alongside the pool and walked over to the bleachers, setting it down. I took off the tracksuit that was covering my suit. I grabbed the swim cap and goggles from my bag and put them on, approaching the water.

I got to the edge of the pool and jumped in. The cool, yet refreshing water hit my skin as I started swimming.

I swam for about an hour, until I started to get tired. I got out of the pool and dried myself off, slipping back on my tracksuit. I walked back into the locker room, drying my hair. My eyes glanced to the floor where I saw the lifeless body of one of our classmates.

It is the corpse of what was once Chihiro Fujisaki, lying on the floor with blood seeping from his head.