09

W A R N I N G : M A T U R E   C O N T E N T  
A H E A D

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

0 9

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

T H E

N A U G H T Y

L I S T

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Adam and I took occasional breaths here and there but for the most part he stayed devouring me. He said we needed to make up for lost time and I wholeheartedly agreed. All it took was a fraction of a second for me to fall deeply into Adam. It's as if all the mazes in my head got solved and as if all our problems had disappeared.

But there was still the harsh reality that existed outside of this bakery, away from the fleeting snow storm.

"What happens after?" I find myself asking.

"After?"

"When the snow stops and we need to go back. What happens when I need to go back to California?"

Adam's lips thinned and his eyes bore into mine. I could tell he was thinking of a possible solution. I doubted there was a reasonable one and I was right when Adam jutted a ridiculous answer out. "I'll move."

"What? You can't do that. Your life is here. Your family, your friends, the bar—"

"My family wouldn't care, I'm twenty-six years old. My friends are my staff and I can manage the bar from L.A.—Maybe open one over there."

"You make it seem so easy. I can't make you uproot your life for me."

Adam laid a delicate kiss on my palm. "Picking a place to live versus being with the girl I love, that isn't a difficult choice to make." The four letter word made my stomach do somersaults. Adam loved me. And I—

"I love you too, Adam. For a long time now."

Something flashed over his face. Realization, possibly. Realization that I reciprocated his feelings on the same level as he.

He placed quick pecks all over my face and I giggled like a pre-teen. "You love me?"

I sheepishly nodded. "More than anything."

"I need to hear it again," Adam begged.

"I love you."

Adam jumped up and swept me off my feet, placing me on the kitchen counter. He walked in between my legs and harshly kissed me. A kiss of ultimate passion. I tugged at his hair, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Fuck," Adam groaned. "You're so beautiful."

"So are you," I smiled widely.

Adam ran his hand along the bare part of my right leg. His groin pushed against mine, causing him to let out a pained grunt. His bulge rubbed against me and I reactively moved against it. "Winter, don't," Adam ordered.