chapter 102

[Edited by Scrapspieces l]

Meilin and the Marquis were outside in their garden with their little son.

"Mama, papa Weiwei love you" The little kid talk in his milky voice while giggling happily

Meilin brought up WeiSheng then kissed his fat milky cheek while smiling brightly thus making WeiSheng giggle louder.

"I love you too" Meilin said gently

The marquis seeing this warm scene felt like his heart was soaked in honey and the warmth overflowing from his eyes, the marquis openly smiled and walked towards his two most beloved persons. The marquis hooked his strong arm around Meilin’s waist then kissed his head and kissed WeiSheng’s forehead.
"Papa play with me" The marquis said while smiling

"Hmm?" WeiSheng tilted his head, his small adorable face held a confused expression.

"Play with me" Marquis can’t refrain from chuckling.

The Marquis let go of Meilin waist before picking his son from Meilin’s embrace and tickled him, Sheng'er giggled in his father's arms.

"Ah, Sheng'er my precious son" Weiyuan said

A servant soon came running in the garden. He saw the Marquis and his wife and son happily laughing, the servant was afraid to disturb them but hardened his heart and bowed before calling for their attention.

"Yes?" The marquis sets his son on Meilin’s arms again before looking at the servant.

"My lord the marquis Shen Li Wei is here to see you" the servant said while sweating profusely.

"Welcome him in '' Shen Weiyuan’s eyebrows knotted.

It's been over 2 years since the both of them talked, Meilin dare not come between two people even though he is Shen Weiyuan’s wife.

As the old marquis entered he glared at Meilin bitterly, Meilin could only bite his lip as the old marquis stare at him.

"Hmph" the old marquis hmphed uncontended and gave Meilin one more side glance before looking away,  ignoring him completely then turned to Weiyuan who held WeiSheng within his arms.

"Xiao Yuan, how have you been?" He asked sincerely, his voice softened and the taut wrinkles on his face smoothens.

"I've been happy marquis" the Marquis said perfunctorily, the small expression from his old father towards his wife didn’t escape from his eyes, making him feel suffocated and irritated.

The old marquis felt his heart skip a beat, the apple of his eye who once cheerfully addressed him as father now refers to him as marquis.

The old man sighed dispiritedly.

"Xiao Yuan, can you at least let Sheng'er play with his grandfather? He’s almost 3 and has no idea who I am" the marquis said.

Weiyuan wasn't completely heartless as long as the old marquis mind his actions and refrain from insulting his wife he will not torture his father no more and so he allowed him to sit.

After sitting down he placed WeiSheng within in his arms,

"Ah you looked so much like your father I hope you become a great man like him" the marquis smiled becoming a more amiable looking old man.

The old marquis only looked at Meilin who just poured him (old marquis) tea, the old marquis took it up with no qualms even if he greatly disapproved of this marriage, with Shen Weiyuan's temper he might completely burned the bridge, he was just like him and his mother after all.

"Mama you must swit don't hwurt too much" WeiSheng said fidgety, struggling a little from the old marquis embrace, his milky voice was laced with anxiousness, rarely seen towards small children.

The marquis looked at the milky baby who was worried about his mother, wasn't he a good boy, he didn't know the couple but they seemed to be in a particular mood.

"Xiao Yuan, is there something I should know?" The marquis asked curiously.

Shen Weiyuan used his hand as a brace then gently said.

"Yuan is with a child" Shen Weiyuan’s laughter lines became visible, making the tense atmosphere awhile ago warm.

The marquis's cheeks seemed to be flushed with excitement, his happiness couldn’t be concealed, he already has 7 grandchildren from his other 2 sons but he was more anticipated to see Xiao Yuan's children.

"Yes, yes, that's good news, if you’re pregnant you should only sit down and not move much, you'll hurt the baby" the old marquis said anxiously, seemingly having a change of heart towards Meilin.

Meilin was not fragile, he had done more than this when pregnant with Sheng'er but for the peaceful atmosphere and since the father-in-law has *offered an olive branch first he'll indulge the father in law.
(E: an action that means to make an end to the disagreement/quarrel.)

Sheng'er and the marquis played as Weiyuan watched with Meilin on the sides.

Even if the man was in his late 50's he’s not afraid to lower himself for his family and so he played with the baby until exhausted.

Because the marquis had tired himself out they had him sleeping in a guest room with Sheng'er.

"The marquis seems to love children." Meilin said in a low voice.

"Yes, he loves them dearly. He used to play with me alot as a child but he was strict when need be, I am not my mother's child" he told Meilin.

"Hmm"  Meilin said in surprise

"I am the son of a foreign woman whom he had eloped with but because the 2 got tired of each other, the woman wanted to throw me away and go home but father took me himself"  Weiyuan said "mother didn't prejudice against my birth, even though my father had betrayed her she took care of me like her own flesh and blood. " Weiyuan said, smiling.

Meilin heard that the marquis's wife was similar to an old witch but he never thought much about it, hearing it personally from his husband she seems like a great woman.

"And you really cut off such a great family for me" Meilin said sadly the looked down

"Aiya, we all have to leave the nest at some point of our lives, now go to bed because in later stages it'll be difficult to."

Meilin leaned and kissed him then turned over and hugged him.