11 | transformative

i'm not giving up on you, willow.

[ 2.03 ]

"She's horrible."

"There's room for improvement."

"Not much room."

Willow was once again in the Argent household. After a long and exhausting training session with Chris and a younger hunter named Xavier, Willow was sent to the kitchen to get something to drink before Chris would take her home. So maybe after fixing a glass of grape juice, she poked her head around the corner to listen to the two men talk.

Chris was the more optimistic of the two, not planning on giving up on Willow.

"Look, I know she's friends with your daughter, and that you want her to be able to protect herself, but that little girl just isn't capable of fighting off a werewolf," Xavier said, shaking his head. "She'd have better luck flashing those doe eyes and asking nicely for it to let her live."

"If you're not gonna help, then just go home," Chris said, scoffing.

"Hey, you're the one that came to me instead of asking Gerard or your wife for help," he reminded him. "And I can't go home. We officially start your daughter's training in an hour. Like you said, she'll be leaving Lydia Martin's house soon."

Willow wasn't quite sure what the start of Allison's training would entail, but it would certainly be more hardcore than the pathetic sparring session that she had just participated in. Maybe Xavier was right, and Chris had a little too much faith in Willow's abilities.

Willow would never be like Allison, and that was okay.

"Now, you wouldn't be eavesdropping, would you, little one?"

Willow jumped as Gerard startled her, having come up behind her. For someone so old, he moved very quietly. She nervously chewed on the inside of her cheek as she looked up at him.

"I was. I'm sorry," she mumbled.

Gerard raised an eyebrow. "You're not even going to try and come up with a better story?"

"I'm not a very good liar," Willow admitted. "I shouldn't have been listening, but I heard Mr. Argent say my name."

"We were just discussing her progress," Chris said, coming around the corner. Xavier wasn't with him, having gone off to get ready. "No harm done from a little natural curiosity. You ready to go, Willow?"

"Yes—"

"Oh, I can run the girl home," Gerard offered, an easy smile on his lips. "You've got a lot of work to do tonight, son."

Chris looked like he wanted to protest, but the challenging look his father sent him kept him silent. So he simply nodded. "Very well. She lives in the Northside district. I told her father I'd have her home by eight, so you'll want to get a move on."