xii. 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

Vera scrolled through her old text with Erik

Vera scrolled through her old text with Erik. Every morning he'd test, reminding her to take her medicine. She hated it so much, it drove her crazy and most times she'd just send a middle finger back. But now, now she'd do anything for him to tell her to take her stupid fucking medicine again. The bottle taunted her on her nightstand, staring at her, Erik's voice yelling from each of the pills to take them.

She didn't, not that day, not yesterday either, not since he died.

Vera's phone beeped, and for a second she really thought he'd texted her. Instead, it was the asshole of an ex boyfriend instead. The only time he'd texted her after the video of him cheating went viral. A little i hope you're doing well was all he'd sent her. Vera rolled her eyes at the message. "Fuck you."

A knock echoed on her door. Vera's eyes followed it, waiting. "Vera."

Felice.

The blonde stayed quiet, holding her breath to shelter any sound. The knock came again as Felices voice came from the other side. "I know you're in there. Open up."

Vera threw her phone to the side, large feet slapping the floor as she headed to the door, yanking it open and staring at the pretty girl. Felice smiled. "Hi."

Vera leaned on the doorway with her arms crossed. "Do you need something?"

"I just wanted to see how you are doing, and maybe walk you to class." Felice offered, considering it had been hers and Wilhelm first day back.

"Sure you don't wanna asked Willie?" Vera asked her, absolutely zero emotion in her face.

Felice gave a small frown of her eyebrows. "Is- are you okay? If you aren't ready to go back to school-"

"If i'm not ready to go back what? You wanna go tell my brother you tried to be there for me to show him that you have the families approval?" the words came off Vera's tongue harshly and with venom. It was a bad trait she had. When she was angry, she'd been so much more hurtful when she spoke. But she wasn't necessarily angry. She was upset. Felice was her first friend here, the one person she had known that understood what it was like to have a mother judge you for what you did and didn't do.

When realization went across Felices face, panic and sorrow spread as well. "Vera, I didn't-"

She was cut off by the dorm door slamming in her face.

"How long have Felice and August been together?" Vera asked, sitting between Alexander and Henry, all three helping each other with the algebra homework, Felice and August walking by hand in hand.

"Not long." Henry answered her, his pencil hitting hers, considered he had been right handed and she was left.

"After parents day, I think." Alexander said from her other side, leaning over to look at Vera problems. "Oh, look, you got it."