037. decisions to be made

a bit of time has passed

a bit of time has passed. during andie's recovery over the incident that happened the night of the masquerade ball, she thought about one thing.

and that one thing was about leaving this universe.

she didn't want to. but to her, she had no choice. her and evan didn't belong here, what good would it do to stay?

josh and andie loved each other deeply. but she knew that someone from this universe could love him as much as she did.

"andie?" evan spoke, waving his hand in front of andie's face to grab her attention.

she snapped back to reality, away from her thoughts. "what?" she replied, swatting his hand away.

"were you even listening?"

"no.."

he groaned, carrying two handkerchiefs, one in each hand. "i was asking if you wanted rose or peach."

"for what?"

"the wedding..?"

"oh! right.. the wedding..."

oh, did i forget to mention that josh proposed?

"don't you think it's a bit early to get married, evan? i mean, i met him like five to six months ago. nobody gets married that early."

"this is the medieval times, andie. we're not in twenty-twenty-two." evan joked, before noticing the expression on his best friend's face. "hey, what's wrong?"

"what do you mean? nothing's wrong."

"don't lie to me, andie. something's clearly wrong. you look worried."

andie sighed before looking down at her hands, which held maeve snoozing on them. "i'm not worried, i'm just — overthinking a little."

"still. what're you thinking about?"

"well... i want to leave. leave this universe." andie admitted, still looking down at the fairy.

"what? why? we got everything we wanted, andie."

"still, evan. we don't belong here. besides, maeve told me they had enough strength to go back." she replied, looking down at the wedding ring.

silence fell, which caused evan to process that conversation once more in his head. this wasn't the first time he had to think about this, he had to think even harder about this.

it didn't matter which direction his mind took him, because it always leads back to him thinking she's right.

eventually, he gave up on trying to find an excuse on staying. she was right and he couldn't change that, even if he wanted to.

"you're right. we don't. when are we going back?" evan asked, looking directly at her once again.

andie had a slight shocked expression on her face as she looked at evan, who gave her a soft smile.

"tonight while everyone's asleep."

silence fell once again, letting the two take in the memories they made just from being there in that room.

"i'm really going to miss it here, andie."

"me too, evan. me too."