♛ 34

It has only been 10 minutes since the mission was assigned to them. A timer was set in the wall, they have 15 minutes left to finish this mission.

All Mark did was sat on the floor, staring at the player in front of him. Though they were separated by a glass barrier, he could sense the anxious feeling the other player was feeling.

"So, one of us has to die huh, Mark?"

"Oh shut up, Sunwoo."

It just had to be him, Kim Sunwoo. Mark's long time rival in terms of skills and fame. The two were always on a neck-to-neck battle. Though Mark was always a bit ahead of him.

"Tell me," Sunwoo flipped the gun around. "Despite the fact that the 7th district is basically very ironic, what do you think about this mission? Interested to be the one dying?"

Mark scoffed, looking at him with a sharp glare. "You wish."

The two were rivals, that's true. But they weren't enemies. If there's anything, the two respected each other. But they had the same goal which was to win the game, so they had to do whatever necessary in order to win.

"Aw, what a bummer. I was hoping you'd be interested," Sunwoo said, smirking at him.

Mark looked calm and composed, but a war was happening inside his mind. He lied, he actually did think about just ending it all here. He could just shot himself and he'd get what he always wanted.

But then he'll just leave the world with unsettled business and millions of unsaid words.

"Say," Sunwoo flipped the gun again, playing with it. "Are you a thing with that new girl?"

Mark raised an eyebrow. "You mean Dasom?"

"Yeah her. She has a lot of potential to be a good assassin."

"She does."

Sunwoo let out a chuckle, looking at Mark with a cocky expression plastered on his face. Glancing at the timer, they only have 10 minutes left.

"She's a keeper, don't lose her."

"I don't like her."

Sunwoo laughed, looking at him with a 'seriously' look. "Yet. Or maybe you're just blind. I actually know her. She went to the same school as my cousin. From what I heard, she seem to forget most of her childhood."

Mark was stunned by his words. It was true that Dasom never really tell her about her past before. "Is it because of amnesia?"

Sunwoo shrugged. "No one knows. It was probably because of her parents."

"Her parents wiped out her memories?"

Sunwoo nods. "Most likely,"

"Now, now. We only have 7 minutes left. It'd be cheesy if we both die here, no?"

Sunwoo chuckled, but deep down he was actually anxious. Very anxious. He didn't want to die, but this mission was merely possible.

"Right." That's all Mark said.

He was spacing out again. Sunwoo knew that Mark was intelligent, he was probably planning something inside his mind. 

He curved a bitter smile, lifting the gun up. "We each only have one bullet right? So if I use this and I don't die, you'll have to die."

Mark lifted his head up, the exact same expression on his face. "Yes."

Sunwoo sighed, not knowing what was going on inside his mind. It wasn't exactly that simple. If he shot his leg, he won't die yes that's true. But Mark could easily get him back by doing the same, then the both of them will have to die in the end.

He took a glance at the timer, they have less than 5 minutes left.

"Alright then." Sunwoo stood up, eyes still looking at Mark. He then pointed his gun to his leg, pulling the trigger. 

Mark widened his eyes, immediately standing up. He needed to make the next move now. Sunwoo was in fact crazy for making that move.

"You're insane."

Sunwoo grinned, shrugging. "Now Mark answer me honestly,"

Sunwoo walked closer to the glass barrier, hissing as he felt blood dripping from his left leg. 

"Do you think you can win this game?"

Mark felt his entire body froze upon hearing his question. He took a few moments to answer, not knowing what to say.

 "I can't say yes, nor I can say no."

Sunwoo nodded. It was a fair answer- he wasn't so sure about winning anymore.

They have one minute left and Mark has yet to make the next move. He looked at the gun in his hand, debating whether he should just end it right here, right now.

"No need for that," Sunwoo's voice cut his thoughts off. He pulled out a small glass bottle from his jacket, showing it to him. "Remember this?"

30 seconds left.

Mark knew what that was, he knew it all too well. It was an arsenic poison. Hyunjin tried to poison him with that the other day, but it didn't work.

Sunwoo opened the lid, "you see unlike you, my body isn't immune to poison."

With that, he put the entire liquid in his mouth.

15 seconds left.

"Did you just—"

"It was nice being your rival, Mark Lee. I trust you to not end up the same as your old best friend."

His body then fell to the ground; unconscious, dead.

He was stunned, speechless. This was the only game that he has ever won with a burden. 

sunwoo </3

sunwoo </3