➳49

Girl, you're making it hard for me~

Next day, after the lunch period, Kiara went to the natatorium and stood infront of the pool

Next day, after the lunch period, Kiara went to the natatorium and stood infront of the pool. She recalled all the memories she spent there with Mark. They even met here for the first time but probably they would never sit here and have a talk again. She was also helping the male to overcome his trauma in this pool but now she couldn't help him anymore. It was hard for her to even face him, to look into his eyes. The guilt was suffocating her that she just wanted to run away from everything and not look back.

"Oh I see you are here too."

The familiar deep voice startled her as she turned around and saw him.

"You miss our moments spent here right?"

"...No."

"But I do. I miss everything about us. Although I was a little rude towards you. I didn't open up to you before but now I want to give you my everything. All I want is just a 'yes'."

"That's not possible Mark. I have told you repeatedly. Don't you understand?"

The male moved closer to her. "I don't want to understand. I just want you."

"Ok let's go back to how we were a few months ago. We can start over again", he said and sat near the pool. He patted the spot beside him, gesturing her to take a place.

She hesitantly sat beside him. A natural silence was lingering between them. "So how's life going on?"

"Good and bad both."

"Why good?"

She smiled brightly and replied, "Something very good happened. I never imagined it would happen but it did. So I'm very happy."

Mark's heart melted seeing her smiling after a long time. "And what's that something?"

"Umm a secret." She gave him a cheeky smile while he puffed his cheeks.

"And why bad?"

She was about to say something but stopped herself. "Uhh... it's also a secret."

"Yah! It's not fair." His lips formed a small pout.

The mermaid chuckled and pinched his cheeks. "Aww you are still cute."

He raised a brow. "What do you mean by cute? I'm not cute."

"But I think you are."

"No I'm handsome, not cute."

"Nah. You are more on the cuter side."

"Ok if you say so. But I will be a cute guy only to you."

Her heart never failed to beat faster whenever he would say such things. Deep down she enjoyed these a lot but tried hard not to show. Her eyes met with his dark brown orbs. He got so lost in her eyes that he didn't notice that he just kept staring at her. He brought his face closer to her and asked with innocent eyes, "Can I kiss you?"