Chapter 3 - The Pain and the Ecstasy

Just a short chapter as I didn't expect to have this story ranked after only one chapter.  The artwork is mine and I would appreciate it not being used for anything else or downloaded.  

....

DAMIEN PoV Past

I sat watching the clock unable to sleep as I waited for the hour to come when I came of age. It will mean I was an Alpha in my own right, the future leader of the pack. I was also going to meet my mate in a few hours. By the end of the day, I will bed her and mark her as mine. It made me tremble to think that at last, I would feel complete. The longing will be over. I wondered what she was like, sweet or sexy, all soft curves and large breasts. I hope so. I want her scent to wash over me and drive me insane as I nuzzle her softness and bury myself in her. I could have had countless women but I have waited for HER. I will love and cherish her and our generation of The Pure will be rich with beautiful sons and daughters. Our Pureblood ancestors will look down on us and bless the pack.

Minutes away I braced myself. I have been warned that when it hits it's like every nerve ending sparks into life. Blood vessels defy biology and blood coursing like white water through your body. You get bombarded by different, new emotions, smells, and sounds all at once. And then that one special scent, that drives you mad with lust, will separate itself from the rest. It draws you to her. There's a deep unbearable ache for something that is missing that drives you to find your mate. It feels like you're dying until you set eyes on them. The initial intensity doesn't last for long. But the knowledge that your mate is out there and waiting for you, is your only thought. The desire to mate and mark them is the only imperative until the task is done. You breathe, talk, walk, and exist only to be with them.

.....

Grrrrrrrr!!!! I growled in agony when it hit. A hot sharp shock ran from the base of my back up my spine to my neck. I arched until it felt like my backbone would snap. I growled and groaned so loudly my father came rushing into the room. At that point, my wolf leaped out and started to prowl and jump around the room. It shook its huge black head and bared its teeth. Father knew not to interfere, I had to go through this like every other Lycan and werewolf. Like me, my wolf felt the intense heat. It came from somewhere deep inside and it rolled and clawed the ground to find some relief. When he came back to me I was naked on the floor pulling at my hair like a lunatic and trying to catch my breath. Slowly, bit by bit I regained some control. I was covered in sweat and every inch of my body ached. I held my head, pulled my knees up, and rocked. I tried to slow my heart and fight the panic that had overwhelmed me when all my senses screamed at me. Everything was louder, brighter, harsher, and then. There it was.

The scent of my mate. It reached me from wherever she was. She must know now as well. Even in my pain and unbearable desire to mate with her this instant, I couldn't help but smile, she must know she is MINE.

.....

The hours I've had to wait until the ceremony have been agonising. Worse than all the years I've already waited put together. My body is hers and I can't think of anything else. With my heightened senses everything is crowding in on me and confusing my thoughts. I can't sit still as I feel like I'm being assaulted from all sides. My wolf is pacing, ready to run. I can't control both him and myself. It needs to be over soon.

When we arrived I felt her nearby. My body trembled so hard that I missed a step. Concentrating is difficult. I can smell her scent more clearly now. It is a strange scent and nothing like I expected or I'm used to. It's adding to my confusion and anxiety. Father is no help at the moment. All he can say is "It will get better". Right now I don't believe him. I can barely control the shaking and the pain, but the pull of my mate is driving me to distraction.

It is almost done, my hair is cut. It feels strange not to have my long plait hanging heavily over my shoulder. With great care my mother took it into her hands, tears in her eyes as she realised I now belonged to another woman. It was passed on to one of the wardens of the chapel and taken away to rest with the thousands of others in the vault.

The time has come, I know she is here, my body is trembling because she is so close. The scent is driving me insane. I am failing miserably at appearing calm. Maintaining the image of a calm strong future pack leader is becoming more difficult. In truth, my strength is waning by the second. I don't feel in control. I don't know who I am looking for in the crowd and I'm trusting my instincts to find her. I follow the scent and pass by one hopeful female after another. Their smiles fade as I pass. She must be feeling like me so there won't be any doubt when I see her. It is taking forever though, row after row and the scent is getting stronger. The way I feel right now I will mark her on the spot. My wolf is growling in my ear, impatient and angry with me.

I'm confused, I am almost out the doors of the auditorium. The pack members start to part as I sniff and look beyond them. She is there!!!! I take a few more steps and everyone now is whispering, I can hear every word they say. They are making me angrier by the minute.

"His mate is the freak." I hear it over and over again. When everyone has moved out of my way I finally set eyes on a young boy slumped against the wall. From his disheveled appearance, it's obvious he is feverish and feeling the same aching pull. It suddenly struck me he may not even realise what is happening. When he opens his beautiful hooded eyes and looks at me I feel like some invisible force took hold of my heart and squeezed. I hear more mocking voices, and unbelievable insults considering who I am. Believe me, they won't get away with it.

I have to admit I am as shocked as they are. He's a boy, not even a man. I'm humiliated, angry, confused but most of all ANGRY. What the fuck. I could rip someone's throat open without a second thought right now. If I hear one more word I will do just that. I gave my growl full force and the building shook.

"Be silent!" I repeat the last words to the pack members standing around me. I stared into their eyes and dared them to repeat their insults to my face. My fangs dropped and I was ready, almost hoping for someone to argue with me.

My growl held such force now that it demanded both fear and obedience. If they needed proof I was the future Pureblood Alpha they just got it. As I turned back to the boy I saw the shock on his face just before he fainted.

....

Damien watched the boy slide down the wall. One of his entourage quickly ran to the boy, picked him up, and took him outside. He didn't dare touch him. Even though he'd never once considered sex with another male, he didn't feel the same once he found his mate. Logic, reality, and his wounded pride said one thing. But his wolf and every fiber of his body desired the boy. The pull was irresistibly strong. The body he longed to caress and possess was the wrong shape, wrong gender but the desire was still as powerful. He thought if he touched him, even once, he would not be able to make the difficult decisions that needed to be made.

He had to reject him. Damien felt he had no other choice. He was too young by both human and Lycan law to become his mate. It would also be impossible for either of them to endure the pain and torture of such intense longing until he was of age. But the real problem was that he was totally unsuitable as a mate for the future Alpha of the Pures. It was a prestigious Pureblood pack with a long Royal bloodline. His gender was wrong, his appearance was wrong, his rank was wrong, everything about the boy was wrong. What was The Goddess thinking?

Virgil was laid gently in the back of Damien's Merc. He sat in the driver's seat for all of two seconds before he couldn't bear to be in the car any longer. The temptation to get into the back seat with the boy and ravishing on the spot was too great. He jumped out of the car and squatted beside it trying to catch his breath. The urge to take the boy had been so strong. Damien realised that rejecting his mate was going to be hell on earth. He switched cars with his father.

Votes are greatly appreciated.