chapter 7: beware her imagination

y/n hummed calmly as she sat crossed legged on her bed. she flipped the next page in her book, ignoring anything sounds from outside her room. she didn't care what her family was doing at the moment, she needed space after the last meeting. she stared at the book in her hand, spacing out.

she imagined what it would be like if she wasn't adopted by reginald. would she have grown up in another country? maybe her first language would have been different. would she have made friends her own age? she certainly wouldn't have been 16 now if she hadn't been adopted.. but she also wouldn't have known her siblings. they would all be in separate countries, living separate lives. she wouldn't have spent all that time with ben and vanya. she wouldn't have stressed over klaus, wouldn't have cried over five's disappearance. wouldn't have argued with luther and watched diego overcome his stutter. she wouldn't have watched allison's movies with such pride. she wouldn't have known any of them.

she didn't think she'd trade any of the trauma for a normal life. she loved her siblings.

however, her mind wandered back to allison's words, "we owe each other that." since when did they owe each other anything? they had all left her in this big house for years alone and nobody seemed to have cared before. why did an impending doom mean they owed each other anything? allison was just annoyed that the vote wasn't on their side.

she was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of gunshots. she heard a grunt and a loud thud. what the hell was going on? nobody had guns, right?

she stood quickly, pulling her door open and rushing down the stairs. as she rounded the corner she practically skidded down the last steps only to pause as a woman in a pink mask was chucked beside the man with a blue mask who was already on the floor. her eyes widened, who were these people?

"who the hell are these people?" the woman hadn't noticed her yet, lifting her mask to speak. the man uttered something she didn't catch and suddenly they both caught sight of her. "where is he?!" the woman jumped up, mask back over her face and gun raised. y/n heard the yelling of her siblings, running away. the woman begun shooting at her and that was when y/n finally moved.

she ran down the final steps, rushing to find somewhere to hide. she practically threw herself behind a pillar, shouting as a pain erupted in her side. she breathed heavily, glancing down at the blood now soaking through her shirt. that's gotta be bad. she hissed and heard the two assassins turn away, shooting at her siblings now. she looked around for an exit but knew she couldn't make it away with the shooters still standing there.

as they split up she noticed vanya walking down the stairs.

"hello?" she rushed down the last few steps, seeing no one around. "guys? is everyone okay?"

putting pressure on her wound, y/n came out from behind the pillar, grabbing vanya as she walked into the parlour. she pulled her back and out of the way of an attack from the blue masked man. he swung a morning star towards them and y/n pulled them both to duck before vanya was smacked across the head, pulling them both onto the table in the middle of the room.

y/n grunted in pain, holding her stomach but raised her arms when she noticed the man going for another swing. she laid herself in front of vanya, hoping to block the hit. luther called out just as he was about to hit them again.

"hey, asshole" the man instead went for him.

y/n didn't stick around to find out how their fight went as she heard more gunshots. she pushed vanya up, hiding her behind a wall and telling her to stay quiet with a finger pressed to her lips. she then ran off, hoping to help whoever was getting shot at in the kitchen.