chapter 8: extra sane

y/n woke up with a jolt. she winced at the pain that shot through her side, noticing the bandages wrapped around her waist. slowly and carefully she pushed herself to her feet, slipping off the table she laid on. she glanced around for grace who usually worked in this room but when she found no one she made her way out. she limped slightly to avoid more pain shooting through her body. she kept a hand pressed to her side as she walked down to the siblings bedrooms.

she was worried for klaus.. she hadn't seen him once last night. searching through the rooms she found no one. she walked back out to where grace usually sat with her paintings, hearing voices.

"-the ones with the masks.. they did this to her" y/n leant against the wall, noticing allison and luther. allison leant against the railings while luther was squatted in front of grace. she paused, taking a moment to look at her mother figure. her arm was cut open, unwired and her head stayed down, unmoving. she had been shut down.

"it has to do with five, somehow. i mean they were looking for him" allison threw her arms up, stressed. it was then she noticed y/n. "hey.. are you feeling okay? why are you up?"

"i'm fine" she brushed it off, "i'm going out"

"out?" luther frowned, standing up, "why? where?"

"i'm going to look for klaus.. he's missing"

"klaus? no he's not" allison shook her head, "he must have just gone for a walk, probably getting high"

"yeah, well. i'm still going to look for him.. something's not right" she shook her head, waving them off and limping down the stairs.

luther and allison shared a somber look.

————————————————–

y/n hugged her arms to her waist, conscious of the people staring at her as she walked. she honestly didn't know where she was going but the house felt too suffocating. she really was worried about klaus though.

she turned down a quieter street, hoping to avoid the peering eyes and curious glances scrutinising her. she paused however at the sound of her name.

"y/n!" she looked up, glancing at her knife throwing brother. he sat on the porch of someone's house with a woman standing beside him. he waved her over. "come here"

"diego?" she stepped over slowly, confused.

"this is eudora patch" he smiled softly as he introduced her. "detective patch" he corrected, it was now she noticed the woman's badge.

"hi" y/n smiled politely, wincing as she shifted on her feet.

"woah, are you okay?" patch reached out her arms in case y/n fell.

diego frowned, "what are you even doing out of bed? how did you get here? pogo said you-"

"got shot, yeah, i know" the girl rolled her eyes, leaning on the railing of patch's porch. "i'm fine. i guess i.. followed your soul by accident?" she shook her head, "i'm looking for klaus"

"klaus? he's probably off getting high" y/n scoffed at his answer but didn't reply.

"how did you.. get shot? who shot you?" patch looked between them confused, now taking a seat.

"let's just say we didn't get a good look at their faces" diego spoke bitterly,

"you went after the guys in the masks, didn't you?" patch leaned back, disappointed.

"i didn't go after them. and one's a woman by the way, so stop being so sexist"

"i specifically told you not to follow them" patch gritted her teeth but diego shook his head,