57

" No Pati Babu... don't..."

"Why not...?" He took one more step as he saw Bondita felt her heart drop.

" No... please..." She said through her sobs.

" Isn't it what you wanted ? To truly be my wife...?"

" I am sorry..." She cried. " I am sorry... I didn't know... what... what I was talking about... I...am...just a child..."

" You sure don't act like one..." And she didn't look one right now either. Her bun loose as hair sprung out of it. Her pallu didn't cover her head, her orange night saree draped loosely around her shoulders barely covering her white blouse. She didn't look like a child pressed up against the head board of his bed in this dimly lit room.

He grabbed her right ankle as his ears received her scream. Why was she being like that ? It was irritating him. It was supposed to happen between a husband and his wife.

" You need to quite down Bondita..." He said leaving her ankle and trailing his fingers up over her saree. She pulled her legs to her as his fingers reached her knee. This angered him more. He swiftly sat on the bed beside her. His light blue kurta a contrast to his dark desire. He held her wrists in his hands. " Why are you shying away ? " He asked setting his jaws. Her struggle against his grip broke a few bangles. " You were not this shy asking for me to make you my wife in front of the whole village. " He asked in a calm tone while maintaining a grip at her fidgeting wrists which seemed to have frighten her more.

" I didn't know... I really didn't..." She said while shaking her head to emphasize on her words.

" But you know now..."

" Don't Pati Babu... " She begged as he cupped her crying face in his hands. " Please... please... You said it is not right...for me.."

" And now I am saying it is. Your Pati Babu will never hurt you..." He said sweetly bringing her face closer.

" No...no. You said you didn't...want this. You never wanted this..."

" Every man...wants this Bondita." Her hot breath on his lips excited him. " No matter who he is...or what he says..."

" Please Pati Babu... Not again..."

These words seemed to snatch what little restrain he had put on himself.
" This time you will remember it."
With this he pulled her to him with a determination to not let her escape as his lips were about to reach its destination.

" PATI BABU NO...!!!"

" She is too young for it... Stop right here..." was what he had kept repeating in his mind after he had almost let out that sentence.
Taking her to bed every night...
It was good that he had stopped when he did so he didn't hurt her.

But he had already hurt himself...

The way words work.
You say something and it draws a picture in your mind. Aniruddh's tongue had stopped, his imagination had not. Hunched down, his face hidden from her...a good thing or else she would have had seen it. His expressions as he had imagined her there in his room...
What he had been about say was playing in his mind. The little girl, in his arms, standing there in his bedroom had looked so out of place.

He had opened his eyes wide so as to stop the images his brain had been coming up with. Breathing heavily he had tried to clam himself. It had been working till he felt her fingers.

He had completely forgotten, being caught up with the Bondita in his imagination, about the girl infront of him. Her fingers in his hair should have had snapped Aniruddh out of his nightmare but had pushed him in further. He had looked up at her.