Chapter 3: Vale's Forest

Nearing the landing, Skadi simply used the tip of her sword and stabbed it towards the ground, cracking the earth beneath it as dust flew everywhere. She landed on her feet with a dark-haired boy with silver tips.

"Ugh... Why did you do that?" He grunted after what felt like a punch on his stomach. He started to take a deep breath to calm his body down that was shaking from the tour they did just now.

"So that we can be partners, of course. Now..." Without hesitation, she grabbed his face and made both of their eye's locks to each other, making them teammates for the upcoming four years in Beacon.

"Can you walk?" Skadi asked him after seeing his shaky figure, concerned that she might have overdone it too much for the poor boy's body to handle.

"G-Give me a minute.:."

"..."

Lyle went and moved a bit around to calm his body down. After a while, his body stopped shaking too much, which was enough, and they continued walking towards their destination and be done with the initiation.

During their journey, they came across several Grimms, which they both took care of easily due to the years of experience of being bounty hunters. Their roles consisted of Skadi, who was the main damage dealer and tank, while Lyle would support her from behind with his knives and semblance.

*Boom* *Boom* *Swoosh* *Boom*

Several times have the Grimms come for them, and each time they repel them all back with sheer determination, not letting their guard down for a single second.

A large bear-like Grimm came forward and charged at Lyle, who was busy fighting other Grimms and was dodging left and right, not paying attention to the incoming Grimm, who went for a claw attack, wanting to tear his body apart.

"Lyle! Behind you!" Skadi yelled as she dashed towards him but was blocked by the few Ursa that was surrounding her like pests in her eyes. She grabbed her sword and swung it, making rapid slashes that produced high-pitch noises.

"Huh? Ugh!" He instinctively blocked the incoming Ursa attack, which gave the other two opportunity attacks against him. But before they could even manage to connect with his body, the black dust crystal that was embedded in one of his knives glowed. And in the next moment, both two Grimms fell, as if a force was holding them down.

Using this chance to escape the sticky situation, he spins his body around, using the force of the huge Ursa that attacked him and made it fall on the other two Ursa lying down on the ground.

In the next moment, he quickly used the black dust knife to pull them towards him before using his other hand that was a red-glowing knife to quickly finish them all off as flames danced around him.

"Holy crap, that was close..."

Looking behind him, he saw Skadi with a fierce glint in her eyes as she quickly cut down anything in her path, be it the Grimm or the surroundings they were in. All of it was nothing more than obstacles for her to destroy.

No matter how many times he has seen this, it always gives him the chills whenever he thinks about it. He figured it would be best to let her be for now as approaching her now could prove to be dangerous.

Not soon after the battle was done, Skadi's breathing was a bit ragged before it reverted to normal in the few seconds that she took to walk towards him.

"Watch your surroundings, idiot. You could have gotten seriously hurt there." Skadi scolded him harshly.

"S-Sorry about that, Skadi. I'll try to make sure it won't happen again." Lyle apologized with a guilty expression as he felt shame and embarrassment from not noticing the incoming Grimm.