142-143

Chapter 142 - The Cherry Blossom Pills Have Side Effects? (1)

She asked Li WangJin tentatively.

Li WangJin replied confidently, "This was a new product developed by the Zhang's. It's even better than the Beautify Pills."

Wang SiXian did not doubt him.

Li WangJin was gone in the next few days that followed busy with soliciting for investments. He was busy like a bee in front of others and had, once again, restored his once-lost high-spirited self.

He even accepted other's invitations and attended all sorts of banquets and accepted all sorts of flatteries. Truth was, he really wanted to run into Fang JunRong so he'd be able to ask her if she had regretted. Unfortunately, whether it was her not wanting to embarrassed herself in front of others or she was just being very low-key the last few days, she hasn't been going out much.

Ah well. Even though he didn't run into Fang JunRong, but his ego was still inflated under the flattery from all the others.

Time flied and a week had gone past. Through all sorts of logistics, all of the Cherry Blossom Pills had reached the hands of the customers.

After being happy for an entire week, Li WangJin suddenly remember his little lab rat Wang SiXian and he returned home to check on her.

He asked her point blank, "How's the effect of the Cherry Blossom Pills?"

A hint of embarrassment flashed past Wang SiXian's face. "The effect was so-so, perhaps because I just started on it?"

Her skin did become lighter in color in the first couple of days after she had started taking the pills but then they had returned to their original shade. As for its effectiveness on scar removal, she could only dream about them. She was, after all, someone who had first-hand experience of Beautify Pills' effectiveness so she could tell the drastic difference between the two products. But she couldn't possibly say that in front of Li WangJin. He was a prideful person and hated anyone who remotely suggested that Fang JunRong was better than him.

Li WangJin studied her for a little bit and said, "I felt that your skin tone is lighter than before."

Wang SiXian wanted to tell him that those were from the foundation that she had applied. She applied layers of them every day, only because Li WangJin liked women with lighter skin.

Her silence gave him a bad feeling. "Perhaps they aren't as effective as they should be because you have taken the Beautify Pills previously." Yup. That must be it!

"You are right," said Wang SiXian gently.

She had already made up her mind that she'd go and buy some Beautify Pills behind his back. This Cherry Blossom Pills had no effects whatsoever. In fact, they had upset her stomach these last few days.

The very next second, there was an embarrassed POOF noise and, along with it, a terrible smell that could make one lose consciousness.

Wang SiXian felt that her face was burning. She hadn't expected she'd fart at this very moment.

Li WangJin's face darkened immediately. He covered up his nose with his hand. The smell was so bad that he could puke out his lunch. How was this stench so awful?

Wang SiXian only wish that she could dug a hold on the ground and hide herself. She could no longer maintain the look on her. "I'll return to my room now."

Then she left in distress.

Li WangJin walked over to the patio for some fresh air. He felt that the stench was still lingering on him. The throbbing of the heart was a thing of the past. The only feeling he had left for her was impatience.