Chapter 36

Forgiveness is earned and time heals all the wounds.

But what if wounds were scratched enough ample number of times then how would they heal?

How could one possibly forgive someone who has wronged them without any proper explanation?

Forget explanation give some closure!

Anisha had her face clutched in her hands as she read the document in her hand. The document was not complicated, it was her mind that wandered around.

Her father and his incomplete explanations had her wondering of various ' what ifs'.

It has been a week since that day but her father's ' next time' never came around. Abhimanyu and her had started working on their project and alongside various other projects.

She recieved a call on her office phone, answering in her official greeting, she heard his voice.

" Please keep four cups of coffee ready and bring it in my cabin. There is a friend of mine coming over, he is a hotelier himself and shall be of help to us in this project."

" When will he arrive?"

" He must be in the elevator as we speak."

Nodding her head, Anisha scrambled upto the pantry to make the coffee.

The coffee was made and arranged in a tray and she quickly made her way towards his cabin.

To her surprise she found a couple waiting outside her cabin. She frowned but nevertheless greeted them.

" Hello! I'm Anisha, Mr. MaanSingh's assistant, how may I help you?"

The couple looked at each other and raised their brows in appreciation. So she was the one.

" We are here to meet Abhimanyu. We are his friends." The lady answered with a smile.

Anisha smiled back at the couple. So they were the guests. " Oh, we were actually waiting for you. Please come in."

On entering the cabin, Anisha quickly placed the coffee on table while Abhimanyu smiled at the couple and greeted them both by hugging them.

" Vikram, Juhi what a pleasant surprise!"

" Man, we missed you." Vikram said and looked at Anisha.

Abhimanyu saw him look at her and pulled her near him, " Meet my wife, Anisha and Anisha this is Juhi and Vikram Raheja. Our parents are part of the same social circle and that is how we all met."

" Not we all" Juhi made a circle with her finger pointing the trio, " It was more like Abhimanyu meeting Vikram and I meeting Abhimanyu. You see I met Vikram after our parents' introduced us and here we are married."

Abhimanyu chuckled at that, " I was quite an extrovert, yeah!"

Both Juhi and Vikram nodded at his statement, reminiscing their old days.

" Oh where are my manners? Guys please sit ." Abhimanyu exclaimed.

The four of them got settled and that is when they started talking over the coffee.

" Actually we were in this area to close a deal and then I remembered this idiot promised to meet us a year back and never reverted. Moreover he got married and he never introduced you to us. God knows how angry I am at Abhimanyu!" Juhi said.

" Thank me for doing damage control and giving you a sudden visit otherwise this volcano would have burnt you the next time you would have visited us, which I guess would be a year or two later." Vikram said.

Abhimanyu pouted and said, " I was busy"

Juhi rolled her eyes and Vikram gave him a glare.

Anisha laughed aloud at their interaction and just like that the conversation shifted on her.

" Hi Anisha! So how did you become this idiot's assistant?" She chirped.

" Well I was free and he needed an assistant. So here am I."

Juhi nodded, " So, umm, did you not work before marriage. Like I am working in my father's company since our engagement."

Anisha's smile faltered.

Abhimanyu looked up at that exact moment and noticed the interaction. ' This will always be hard for them.'

Vikram sighed and kept his hand on Juhi's and mumbled in her ears," Your questions are making her uncomfortable."

Juhi sighed, " I'm sorry if this is making you uncomfortable."

Anisha shaked her head, " I had discontinued my job for a while to prepare for my upcoming entrance but before giving the entrance I was married."

Juhi's eyes widened and she looked at Abhimanyu for help, who in return simply shaked his head.

" But I'm rectifying a lot of mistakes this year with Abhimanyu by my side. Job, household and my preparation, all are going on simultaneously." Anisha smiled at her.

Juhi couldn't control herself and got up from her seat to hug the living daylights out of her.

Anisha patted Juhi on the back and Vikram sighed in relief.

Abhimanyu smiled at them and looked at Vikram who said, " You are venturing into restaurants. Why give us competition?"

Abhimanyu laughed, " It is more like Anisha's father and I are venturing together and it is our first."

Vikram nodded and gave him a few ' Must knows'

The friends had a good time but then they couldn't spare much time out of their busy schedules. Afterall, they were all busy.

With a promise to meet privately over dinner the two couples hugged each other and when Juhi hugged Anisha, " I know the circumstances in which you got married were not favourable but you should know he is a gem and as far as forgiving is concerned never do that for others' peace of mind."

Juhi pulled back and Anisha was starstruck. She had put a full stop on lots of questions by those words.

Forgiveness should give peace of mind and not just decrease the guilt one feels.

Whoever the person is, if the actions hurt, forgiveness is to be earned.

With that thought a serene smile made its way on her face.

Abhimanyu, too, was content after this impromptu meeting. When he looked at Anisha that smile blinded him with his love for her. It was her first peaceful smile after so long.

He pulled her into his arms and smiled down at her content with that smile on her face.

" All will be well, soon."

She nuzzled into his chest and said, " It is already well, much much more better than just a well."

*_*_*

For those who are not aware.

Juhi and Vikram are characters from my first book.

You can read their story in " Complications of a Marriage" .

Well this was me promoting my other work ( shies away and pretends as if it never happened)

Till then keep supporting me. Your all comments inspire me to write.