Chapter-23

.A little memory.

<3 years time skip>

1st POV

Another day. Another beginning. A very peaceful morning to begin with your very normal routine. And anytime they w-

*BANG!!!*

Oh. It looks like they are also starting in the morning today as well.

*Sigh... just when are they going to end this... tournament of sorts...

I slowly get up. A little pissed that Ezekiah and Maynard ruined my peaceful morning, by fighting so early.

They are literally fighting for who will be my pillow when I sleep at the noon. Again. They have been doing this fighting thing for over three years now.

And I know what caused that. I really shouldn't triggered it... but meh. It is what it is I guess.

Now standing, I stretched my arms while yawning. I looked around the territory, and I'm glad that they are fighting where there are less hollows nearby.

Because if they do, I wound have already break their fight and scold them like a parent scolding a child but with a pissed off face.

It's always going to be the same result though... Ezekiah always won. But it makes me proud that even though Maynard knows that he has no chance against him, he still keeps going.

He kinda like a better version of Grimmjow... the only difference is that Maynard doesn't have Grimmjow's mind set to be at the top as always.

Maynard knows boundries unlike a certain blue feline. Maynard is also not a battle maniac.

...

Maybe he is... but a little... like if you hurt someone part of this territory, he will literally lash out and hunt that poor soul till it's dead.

Yeah. Maynard is ruthless. And he takes advantage of literally anything if there's a chance. Like if you let your gourd down or get distracted while still facing Maynard, he will take that advantage to either escape, if the enemy is too strong, or strike because the enemy is distracted and turning their back on him, literally letting their guard down.

There are no such thing as 'Fair' in Maynard's dictionary. And I like that, because when in war, anything is fair.

In war, when you do a little mistake, you will fall and crumble. Letting your guard down will lead you to being beheaded by your enemy. Turning your back to them, will only lead you to being pierced at the back. Giving mercy, will only lead to you being taken advantage of.

Everything us dangerous when you're at war, when you are in a battle field. That's why I like Maynard's tactics.

Hmmm... should I also start to teach them about some war tips...? Yeah. I'll do that, maybe a little later.

Oh. It seems as though that Ezekiah won yet again. I come to them and congratulate Ezekiah, while giving Maynard some praises for trying his best.

Maynard really doesn't like the outcome of the battle. He's pouting like a child being rejected when he was asking to buy icecream.