Unexpected

At office~

Kai p.o.v:

With the championship being a week away and a new project coming up, I was really busy to the point that I came home at 3:00 in the morning.
Stress and pressure being my companion these days. Sometimes in the middle of all this work.I miss her.Though I don't show much often, I really miss her. Eating together, having some talks in between,her being shy due to my stares. These days,we both are not even able to say a 'hi' or 'hello' to each other. I always came home late and when I wake up she's already gone for her work. I sat at the table looking at the files until my secretary came in.

"Sir, Mr.Ray Kon of Kon company is here to meet you."

I slowly shift my eyes and look at my secretary

"Let him in."

"Yes sir."

Then he entered,he smiled warmly. I got up from my seat and gave him a warm hug. A nostalgic hug.

"You never changed. Huh."

A low chuckle escape my mouth.

"How about you then?"

"Well, I may have. Now as a guest, wouldn't you invite me to sit?"

"Tsk.. thought it was better standing."

Ray chuckled and sat on the sofa.
I order my secretary to make tea and sat next to where Ray was sitting.

"How's life going?Heard from Max that you've return to Bey city and even got married. They said that it was all over the news in media channels all over the world?"

I hm but stop for a minute and continued drinking my tea again.

"Anyway, I'm in Bey City but I still don't have the guts to face Tyson. But before I leave I did like to clear something with _____."

I lifted my eyes from my tea to him. He looked at me and sigh.

"I know Kai. She was hurt by me. I know but I had too do it. It was all force but still I had too.I wanted to clear this misunderstanding. I really wanted to say sorry to her. Do you think she'll be able to forgive me?"

I nearly couldn't control the anger forming inside me. I clenched the teacup tightly.

" I know I've no right to meet her,but I just wanted to tell her the reason."

"It's better if you don't meet her right now."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"She suffered severed depression. It took a lot of time to pull her out. Although she hasn't recovered back to her old self. She's improving a lot. It took me a lot of time to make her open up. She always wakes up having a nightmare at midnight. It really hurts seeing her like that. You know."

"I guess you're right but how do you know so much. Do you still contact her?"

I look at him.

"Cause she's the one I got married too. My wife, _____ Hiwatari."

______________________________________

At the morning~
At _____'s workplace~

______p.o.v:

I just sat down and open my computer when my assistant came in with a bouquet of flowers and squeal.

"Ma'am someone from the Kon company send this to you. Aren't they beautiful? Ma'am please, please, please can I take one?"

She asked with her puppy eyes and how could I say no. She was so cute, innocent,sincere, hardworking and has been my assistant for more than one and half a year. She resemble my old self a lot. She was with me ever since I started my own fashion line one and half a year ago.

"*Chuckle* ok,you can have them all."

"Really!?"

"Yes."

"Thank you so much ma'am. I promise I'll never disappoint you 😤."

"*Chuckle* okay now what's my schedule for today?"

She directly went into serious mode.

"For today,there's no going out except for the stock meeting with the members of the marketing team and the meeting for the Kon company's new seasons collection design ideas with the other designers."

"Hm.. ok then.You can go now. I'll call you when I need you."

"Yes, ma'am."

After she left,I looked through my window and saw a couple walking together hand in hand down the road in the autumn breeze. I smile seeing them and couldn't help but miss him. Maybe must be due to his schedule that he and I don't get to even talk to each other these days. And just without his presence makes me miss him. He may appear cold but it's not like that in his heart I know. He had confessed his feeling a long time ago even before we got married and I on the other hand hadn't even said anything to him. Remembering the confession I smile...

"I love you too. Mr. Kai Hiwatari."

____________________________________

In the afternoon~

"Ma'am, the CEO of Kon Company is here to meet you in person."

"The CEO?"

"Yes ma'am. I made them wait for you at the V.I.P. room."

"Ah.. ok thank you for informing. I'll go there. Please go and make some tea and bring it to the room."

"Yes, ma'am."

I put my computer off and walk down to the V.I.P room. I open and saw Mr. a man facing his back towards me with Mr.Xu. standing beside him. The back looks a little familiar. Mr.Xu saw me and smile.

"Miss _____, our CEO is here to meet you. We are really sorry for interrupting your work."

"No. Mr. Xu I'm okay as today I didn't had anything important to attend except for some f..........."

My eyes widened in shock when the man turn around. He was none other than the one who broke my heart. The one who I've just started to moved on. He was now standing there in front of me. His hair was no longer the same. He stood there with a smile and held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you. Mrs.____. I'm Ray Kon. The CEO of Kon company."

I stood there frozen not knowing what to do.

"Um... Miss _____?"

I flinched and look at the hand. I tried to stay strong and act professional, smiling I hold his hand for a handshake.

"I'm _____ Hiwatari. The owner of XXX clothing."

"If you're not busy. May I invite you for a lunch? And we can catch up on a lot of things."

I just forced a smile. Cause I know I have to get the answer for the things while we catch up,never thinking that the day will come where we both will face each other again. He was someone really unexpected.
______________________________________

Hey everyone🤗.
A very happy new year.
Hope this year brings you full of joy.
Thank you for 1.15k reads.
I was about to upload yesterday but I guess I had to welcome 2022 with diarrhea and cold🤣🤣🤣. Sorry for the little delayed. Hope you enjoy.
And yes, one more thing I forgot to mention. You can find the playlist for this ff on Spotify.
You can just searched the title and boila it will be in front of you.