Chapter 26

Song: Just a dream Nelly

AZ

To be honest, I expected less from Pamela. I didn't know she will be able to get me out of here, plus she was willing to go that far? She had a good enough motivation though... ten million francs is a whole lot of money, money that can change her whole life. What can I say? I guess money does make the world go round.

I hop into a bus that will take me to Bamenda immediately I get the manager of my bank account transfer the ten million to Pamela's account but he later tells me she asked for the money in cash. I had to pull a few strings to make that happen but whatever she does with the money isn't really my problem now is it?

I try to transfer twenty million to my back up account but the limit within a month is twenty five million. Damn it!
I have one million four hundred in the back up account. I guess sixteen million will be OK till next month. I already bought tickets for Kacely and I for a flight to Paris against tomorrow night. I am looking at the different hotels we can sleep in when we get there. The next morning we can make arrangements and finally move into my apartment where we can watch the Eiffel Tower light up at night, go on dates in those fancy French restaurants and make love in the city of love. We will be happy, I know we will be. We might be young and dumb and this might sound like some stupid fairytale I have cooked up in my head but I will not let my negativity or Manka'a's voice get in the way. I love him and I know he loves me and that he will come with me. And although they usually say love isn't enough, we will make it enough, we will figure the rest out. I like how fast this driver is going. It is 10pm and we are already at Bafia.

Hopefully by say 3am we will be in Bamenda. I will apologise to my Zacchy, he will hug me, he will take me back and I will convince him to come to Paris with me. It will not be easy because of his mother and sister but I know he will rather come with me than lose me. He loves me that much, I know he does and I love him just as much if not more. Despite what Manka'a or anyone else will say.

KACELY
After making up Afi's bed and tidying her room for her return tomorrow, I take a shower and grab some egusi pudding before hurrying upstairs to my bedroom. I need rest, mental and physical and emotional. All I do is work out and eat and sleep and think about Az and work out and think about Az. I will lose it at this rate.

I should consider going to Ghana to visit Henry. I will have to talk to mom about it since I really don't know about her financial situation right now. I re watch Big Hero 6 as I take bites of the seemingly tasteless food on my plate. Not that it is not good, but that I just don't want to eat. I just know that I have to. I finish eating and place the plate on my bedside cupboard before deciding to focus more on the cartoon. I keep nodding and nodding till I finally decide to stop fighting the sleep and let it carry me away as the rain on the roof plays me a lullaby.

"Zacchy? Zacchy?!"  I hear a voice call in my sleep above the sound of the rain. "Zacchy?!" it repeats and I open my eyes. "Zacchy?!"

"Az?" I call as I wipe my eyes. It can't be her... can it?

"Zacchy?" It calls again and the knock on my window sounds louder. "It's me... it's Az"

I can't believe it.

My vision is blurry but I can see her, her hair is wet and she is dripping as she stares at me through the window. I don't even hesitate for one second to hurry out of my bed and slide the window open. She hugs me from outside and I pull her in before she wraps her legs round my waist. My arms are around her thin cold body and I hug her tightly. She's lost weight... I can even feel her ribs pressing against my stomach, but I can also feel her heartbeat on my bare chest through her soaked hoodie. I feel her body shake and just knowing that she is crying makes me to start crying too.