Chapter 39

Taking pains to remove the pains of others is the true essence of generosity." Abu Bakr (R.A)

Amira sultan p.o.v

" Abbu" I called out crying. My father was facing the window but as soon as he heard my voice he turned around .

"Amira , my princess " my father spread his arm . Crying out, I ran towards him .

After our small reunion , he started asking me about my married life if Khalid was treating me properly.

And as usual I had to lie , I don't want to break his heart .

" I am so glad , I married you to him " Abby praised him without knowing the truth .

I gave him a small smile remembering all the events that happened in the past .

" Because of him , we still have a roof over our head " his words made my eyebrows furrowed in confusion .

" yeah he didn't take the money back " I said , I remember my father took out a loan and couldn't pay him back. That's why he married me in the first place .

" Not just that Amira " he shook his head looking tired. That's when I observed my father's appearance, he looked older than I last saw him , his hair grew more white, his eyes were blood flecked looking very old , and his skin became more wrinkled . It's like time has exhausted him .

" what do you mean "

" When I took out a loan , I wanted to build my business but it went down the drain and I couldn't pay him back , resulting in him marrying you . I was very afraid for you Amira that he was a really bad man " his voice broke .

" Your step mother was diagnosed with several illnesses " I gasp at the revelation.

" Is she alright now? " I quickly ask.

" Thanks to your husband, she is, " he revealed .

" Khalid ?? "I questioned .

" yeah when he got to know I was bankrupt and this house will snatch away from us soon , he buy this house for us again , took care of your mother treatment not just that , he took all the responsibility of Samiya education expenditure , I thought I will failed my family but h saved my self respect and didn't let be loser in my family's eyes" he smiled .

While I stayed in shock in my place, I realised what he just said .

Khalid helped them??? But I thought he hates my family .

I was speechless .... It's sure there is goodness In him then why he always pretends to be cruel when he is not .

I need to talk to him.....

" Assalamualaikum " I greeted Amma , Ayesha and Rabiya aunty who were discussing something.

" walekum assalam " they all greeted back.

" is Khalid 's home " I pointed out upstairs .

" Yeah he hasn't come out for a long time now, " Rabiya aunty informed .

" oh okay , he must be working " I guess .

" go change I will heat your food " Ayesha aunty about to get up but I stop her .

" oh no I already ate , I will just go to my room " and then I went upstairs .

I was walking past Khalid's room when " Amira!" Did he call my name ??? The door was closed , but how does he know I am passing by his room?

Surprisingly the door was open slightly , weird

Pushing the door slowly , I was shocked to see curling like a ball on the floor pressing his ear like a scared child .

I ran his way.....

" Khalid are you okay ?? " I quickly cup his face .

" Ami - Amira " he eyed my way like I am his last hope.

Suddenly , he felt unconscious taking my breath away .

" KHALID ! KHALID ! "I yelled his name crying .

"AmIra! " I heard Ammi and Nafisa's voices .

" Call the doctor now," I said desperately while his head fell on my lap unconsciously .

After talking to the doctor , we found out he had an extreme level of panic attack .

To tell the truth , I was shocked to my core , Khalid Mirza, the man who has immense power. I thought he fears no one yet I was so wrong to judge him .

I know something triggered him in a very bad way .

Third person p.o.v

"Promise me Khalid , you won't repeat the same mistake " her eyes held no fear yet Khalid's eyes were teary .

" promise me , you won't let them destroy another innocent soul " her plea made him cry more .

" Daisy please ..." slowly her hand wrapped over his hand around the gun which was pressed against her chest .

" Shoot me, " she whispered with a smile .

" No I won't " Hebawled like a child but it felt like she didn't want to hear .

" Please take care of my children " rain started pouring heavily on them , it felt like the sky was crying on their misery too .

She pressed his finger on the trigger .... He dreaded the moment.

Bang!

Khalid's breath caught in his throat, his body froze with a smile, her body collapsed in his arm , Khalid's knees felt weak , He fell on the floor with her in his arms .

" I will never forgive myself " He whispered, hating every guts in him.

Blood poured from her chest ...as she gasp for breath

" I forgive you " her eyes slowly closed .... She left ....

And on that day Khalid killed himself too .