Mikey x Depressed Tomboy reader

Requested by @TheRandomKid9

Title: Tickles

Mikey stared at (y/n), who sat on the couch as far as they could away from him as they could get. Currently, the pair were alone in the lair since he'd hurt himself on the last patrol falling off a building, so (y/n) had been sent to the sewers to watch him since Master Splinter was out training April.

"(Y/n)." Mikey grumbled as they looked over, wondering what he wanted. Then, he whispered something.

"What?" (Y/n) furrowed their eyebrows as they stood up and started over to Mikey, who sat up and carefully dropped his swollen ankle to the ground.

"Maybe you would hear if you weren't so far away." He said smartly, attempting to stand up. (Y/n) threw themself over to him as his knees buckled and he tried to catch himself that way he wouldn't drop them both from how heavy he knew he was.

"Mikey, what do you want from me?" (Y/n) asked as they pulled away from him, leaving him to stand on his own.

"I want an answer, you- you weirdo!" They pursed their lips at his attempt at a comeback.

"What do you mean? You haven't even asked me anything." Mikey stopped short as he realized that was true.

"Oh, well, let me ask. And then I want answers!" He raised his arm to point at (y/n), who was standing above him, staring at him like he had a pizza head.

"Okay, serious time. Serious, Mikey. Um, okay. What's wrong with you?" (Y/n) reeled back, giving Mikey a look of pure confusion and "what the actual-" as his eyes widened and he jumped forward to explain himself.

"Wait- that's not what I-" He immediately cried out in pain as he fell on his hurt ankle. (Y/n) leaned forward to help him but he grabbed their arm instead, pulling them forward and to the side so they fell on the couch beside him instead. Then, he allowed himself to fall also, breathing out as the pain spiked and then began to tinge away.

"What are you doing?" (Y/n) asked with no expression as they stared straight ahead at the t.v. that was no longer on. Mikey stayed silent as he sifted through his thoughts, trying to find a good way to bring up what he'd been wondering about for a while. What would Leo do? Donnie? Definitely not Raph- or Mikey. Mikey was kind of an idiot. Wait-

He shook his head. He didn't have time to be stupid- not right now. He'd have to wait until four for that. "I just want to know why you haven't been acting like yourself. You- you haven't been in the right mood. I don't know how to explain it. You're like Raph when he got poisoned."

"Didn't he tell you he loved you?"

"Exactly."

"Okay, okay. I get it- I haven't been in the right, uh, wow. I don't know how to explain it either. I don't know, Mikey I just haven't been feeling super great lately." I shrugged, not wanting him to get any deeper. I knew Mikey and I knew how serious he could take stuff when he chose to. I was really hoping he wouldn't chose to today. I couldn't do it today.

"Why haven't you been feeling super great lately? Is there a certain reason or anything? No one's ever just in a mood for no reason. Unless you're Raph." He said after a though. I sucked my lips into my mouth and sighed.

"There's no reason; I've just been super "meh" lately. I haven't been feeling good. I don't know what it is." I avoided looking at Mikey. There was silence for a moment as I hoped and prayed.

"Yes you do." Curse you, universe.

"But that doesn't mean you have to." Mikey reeled back at my venomous words and I huffed, looking away from him as I ran a hand through my hair and to my ear, where I played with the piercing I had gotten recently. I liked the satisfying hurt that coursed through me as I twisted it over and over through the hole.

"Why not?"

"Because it's me and I don't want you to know, okay?" I finally got tired of his questions and stood up to walk away. "I'm leaving now, Mikey. I'll see you later."

"No!" Suddenly, there was a weight on top of me and I tumbled to the floor, a sound of pain erupting from my lips as I banged my elbows on the concrete ground.

"Mikey, get off of me." I muttered as I propped myself up, craning my neck around to look at the turtle, who was now sitting on my back as he favored his hurt ankle by setting on my higher middle back. It didn't hurt now but I couldn't move and Mikey was really starting to make me mad.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong with you." I groaned in frustration and muttered words under my breath that I wouldn't let Mikey hear. If he accidentally repeated one of them and his brothers heard- they'd kill me.

Actually, Mikey's vocabulary could use a little pazazz anyways.

"Nothing, I already told you now let me go before I say it's you." I threatened the youngest brother, who just shook his head at me.

"No. I don't care how you threaten me."

"I'll leave and take Ice-Cream Kitty with me."

"Wait-"

"Then get off of me, MIkey." The good mood that had come with me "playing around" with him was instantly gone with my tone as I tiredly muttered to Mikey, laying my head down on the cold ground below me. My head felt like it was warm and I was already getting a major headache.

"(Y/n), really. What's going on?" I stopped at the serious tone he'd taken with me as he slowly picked himself up off my body and laid down beside me on his stomach, crossing his arms as he laid his chin down on his wrists and turned his gaze to look at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Mikey, do you know what depression is?" I finally spoke quietly, not looking at Mikey as I stayed on my stomach like him.

"It's sad but not sad, right?" I laughed a little as I shifted to look at him.

"Kinda. It's diagnosed with being sad even though sometimes you're really happy. It's feeling really good one moment and wanting to go to bed for a hundred the next. It's crying one moment and staring into space the next; depression is a lot of things, Mikey. And... and I have it." I heard Mikey's quiet gasp from beside me as I turned to look away from him.

"But how? You're the happiest person ever! Who would do this to you?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"Me, Mikey. I would. Look at me. Look at the way I dress. I'm a tomboy- what did you expect! After years of my parents looking down on me and my classmates asking me if I'm transgender as a joke, how could I not have done this to myself? It's my mind and I chose to believe what they said and eventually my brain had enough of me. It's my fault." I finally sat up and pushed myself onto my knees, putting my face in my hands as I closed my eyes and just stayed.

I heard Mikey shifting around and suddenly there were hands on my hips, wiggling around on my skin. I jolted and fell backwards, trying to get away as Mikey mercilessly tickled me with a straight face.

"M-Mikey, stop!" I cried as I turned back onto my stomach to try to crawl away.

"No, (y/n)! Not until you admit that it wasn't your fault! Laugh, (y/n)! Laugh." He muttered with a wide grin that terrified me as I turned and tried to kick him off of me. Obviously, the ninja evaded and continued to assault me as I screamed and laughed, almost to tears.

But I still didn't break.

"(Y/n), don't make me do it." I gasped at the threat and shook my head as Mikey stared at my secret tickle spot, still "massaging" my sides.

"No, please!" I gasped, not getting enough air in as I continued laughing, giggling, and all out crying. Mikey was really good at tickling. Scary good.

"Then say it!" He demanded and I finally gave in, not ready to die by laughter. Not a fun way to go.

"Fine, fine! It wasn't my fault, Mikey. What they said about me wasn't my fault." He immediately backed off as he smiled at me. I wiped my tears and glared at him playfully as he stood up and then gave me a hand to help me up.

"No, (y/n). No it wasn't."

idk about u guys but tmnt 2016 wasn't it for me. ik thats probably what theyd look like irl but honestly they give me "before sonic" vibes. like they are so fine in the cartoons but like?? they missed in my opinion and their voices also? it just wasnt it