chapter 65

-Words underlined represent Y/n using her quirk to speak in somebody's mind. 

-Words italicized usually represent me adding emphasis but there will be a section where Bakugo communicates in sign language so the words will be written in this format.

hello fellow readers! how's everybody doing? sorry for this kind of late update, but i'm on winter break now, so i should be able to spend some more time writing. hopefully another chapter goes up during the weekend (no promises). thoughts on the story so far?

enjoy today's chapter :)

-lots of love, mj

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

A needle could fall at this very moment, and the noise would echo loudly, heard by the ears in the room. That's how silent the room currently was as you shuffled forward, slightly dragging your feet.

The hospital room was empty now that Recovery Girl, Aizawa, and Monoma had left, giving you space to process that heavy news. It was a good thing since Bakugo was currently on his way. The text he sent had proper capitalization, one of the few ways you knew he wasn't happy with the situation. And you didn't blame him. Getting a text message late at night from his soulmate and learning that they were in the hospital would make anybody worry.

Taking a seat on the messed-up sheets of the hospital cot, you rub your left wrist, nervously waiting for his arrival. You weren't afraid of his reaction, more like you were afraid in general of what this meant for you, for him, and the both of you as a pair.

Bakugo Katsuki was never the type to break his routine. The moment he stepped foot onto U.A, he was determined to become the Number One Hero. Mightier than All Might himself. That's why he stuck to the routine he had created. Wake up, go to school, study and kick-ass, train after school, and be in bed by 8 pm, giving him enough time to rest before repeating the cycle over and over again. And he was okay with that, really he was. There was nothing wrong with doing the same things again and again. Sure, sometimes he felt a little lonely, a bit of an outcast, as he saw others hanging out without him. Maybe he had been too harsh— too hot-headed for them and didn't receive an invitation, but it didn't hurt Bakugo.

He was a boy with an iron heart, and nothing made it past his walls. Or at least, that's what he believed. Meeting you had been a blessing in disguise. Before, he used to be upset whenever something or someone messed up his perfect routine. Bus running late? Man, fuck the slow-ass people that climbed slowly onto the moving vehicle. No more of his favorite packaged ramen? Man, fuck the people that hogged it all. His favorite manga got sold out? Man, fuck the people that didn't gatekeep it.

But you barreled into his life, guns blazing and with dazzling eyes. You disrupted everything in his world, and Bakugo's never been so free. He still wakes up at the ass crack of dawn some days to train, but most mornings, he sleeps in bed soundly, feeling your breath tickle the back of his neck because somehow, you ended up becoming the big spoon in the middle of the night. He still tries to get his 8 hours of sleep, but now, he doesn't mind staying up later, spending the night in his bed watching another rom-com with you, or talking about the weird shit that fluttered through his mind.

On days where loneliness seems to creep up on him, you reach out and hold him, making sure he never gets lost in the ocean again. You were his best friend.

So when he heard that you were in the hospital after someone found you bleeding and passed out, Bakugo felt utter terror seize his heart. It took a few seconds and deep breaths to realize that you were okay, still breathing and heart pumping, but the universe was trying to take you away from him, and Bakugo Katsuki wasn't going to lose the love of his life.