The Deranged Novice Hunter, Nova

There was nothing to do. I was bored. Again.

(Author's Note: Deja vu...)

I was not going to bother Al again, however. That was... off the table, for at least six months.

So, I went to an adventurer's guild.

----

"Little missy, this isn't a place for a dainty girl like you." A burly and scarred adventurer looked at my small, young figure.

"I understand your concern, however, I need to do this." I replied enthusiastically. I'm so bored, there really is nothing else to do! I need to do this!

"Girl... sniff, you really are, sniff, so brave! Whatever the reason for you to take up this sniff dangerous sniff job, I hope that sniff it will get better soon..." The burly adventurer burst into tears after I said that harmless sentence. Geez... wasn't that a bit too fast? Are all of the adventurers here that touchy? Haaa, great, now I feel guilty for saying something like that. I didn't know how to answer his heartfelt sentence, so I just simply bowed and walked away.

Since I used light magic to change my appearance, no one thought that I was the heir of Duke Novea. I had black hair and grey eyes, like my past life. Honestly, I just changed my appearance because it reminded me of my past life and that it was fun (also partly because I didn't want to get caught by Mother or Father). I still attracted attention, but what did I care?

I wanted to have fun, unnoticed. My parents wouldn't know that I was out on adventures. After all, I frequently disappeared to my space, and it had become a common occurrence. My parents now had the mindset of 'as long as Ali finishes her work as an heir, she can go to her space for as long as she wants'. Quite convenient.

"I'd like to register as a mage. And swordswoman, if possible." I could barely see the top of the counter as I tiptoed to speak to the receptionist.

"Hmmm... miss, are you sure you're going to be able to become an adventurer? You're a little to young to be an adventurer. Now, hurry along." I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. I'm stronger than everyone in this damn place.

I thought of a basic incantation in my mind and started floating. "N-no incantation magic...!" The receptionist looked surprised and scared.

"I'm strong, don't worry, Mister. I'll be able to survive. Now, please, can you prepare my identification card?" The receptionist bowed hurriedly and ran to the back to fetch the card. When he came back, he presented a blank F-ranked card on the desk. Still floating, I grabbed it easily and studied the card. I've heard that the higher ranked you are, the more quest options you could go on. Can I skip levels? It's highly likely.

"Excuse me, Mister, am I allowed to skip levels?"

"Yes, Miss. You are permitted to apply for a level test, if you so choose. However, you could get seriously hurt by it. I don't recommend it."

"I don't care. Sign me up." I spoke in a rather gruff tone. Yeah! Challenge!

"T-then, please come this way." A bell rang as soon as the receptionist said those words, and the hunters in the tavern started whispering.

"Someone's applying for the level test again."

"How badly hurt will they get this time..."

"Should we watch?"

"There hasn't been a test in a long time..."

"I'm curious. I'm gonna go take a look."

"Same. Let's go."