Bonus chapter: vomitting in a bucket, very queenlike

Valar...
I have to stop drinking so much ale if there is a banquet. How can I possibly be feeling sick for two mornings in a row?
I slowly get up and throw the blankets from my hot body. I am shivering and feeling clammy.
Gosh... I think this is the first time in Middle Earth that I am really sick and truth to be told; it frightens me. I talked about the hospitals and doctors on Earth and that they are not here. Aragorn assured me that he knows a thing or two about Elvish healing and medicine and that the women who work in the house of healing are very skilled.

Time to find out then...

I get out of bed with difficulty and my bare feet touch the cold wooden floor. I shiver and grab one of the blankets on my bed and wrap it around me. I drag it behind me as I slowly walk to the door. Secretly I have to laugh inside, I mean the guards will now see their queen walking around dressed in a blanket and in her nightgown.  Fantastic. Even opening the door takes a lot of effort and I take a deep breath as the double doors open and I walk out of my room. So now I am looking for the Houses of Healing. "My queen?" When I walk through the corridors, one of the guards looks quizzically at me. "Are you well?" I nod. "Yes, I just am a bit nauseous so I am looking for the houses of healing..."
"I will escort you" He says thoughtfully as he offers his arm and I wrap mine around his.  Slowly he leads me to the Houses of Healing. I can feel his eyes on me as we round the corner and into another hallway. "Here we are," he says slowly. I nod as I open the door and release my grip on his arm. "Are you really well, my queen?" The guard asks me again, very quizzically. "Just nauseous" I state as I quickly go through the doors into the houses of healing. I breathe out as I see the women clothed in gray and white walking around. Another wave of nausea comes up and I quickly keep my hand in front of my mouth as I search for a bucket to empty my stomach in. "Your majesty" A young looking woman hands me a bucket where I empty, very grossly my stomach in. I groan in distress... I haven't eaten yet and I have nothing left in my stomach. It hurts.
"Your majesty?"
"I have been feeling nauseous for two days straight..."
"Oh your majesty!" She happily interrupts me but her squealing is so loud that other women look in our direction. An older woman; who I know as Ioreth, is coming our way. "My queen" she bows before me and I just stand there, with a full bucket of vomit in my hands. "Hi" I say a bit awkwardly as I feel another wave of nausea coming up. "God, please excuse me" as I turn around so they can't see me puke. "Oh dear" Ioreth softly states as I feel her hands on my shoulders. "Come my queen. We shall seek a bed for you" She lets me vomit and when I am done, the younger woman takes the bucket from my hands. Ioreth guides me to a soft looking bed and I sit down on it. She gestures to me to go beneath the blankets. I do what she wants me to do as I slip beneath the warm blankets. "Here" The older woman hands me a mug with what feels like cold water. I thankfully take it and gulp it down in one go. "Thank you"
"I shall make a herbal tea to calm down your stomach and inform the younger healers that our queen is not yet pregnant" she says, smiling a little.

Pregnant.

"Don't you think I am?" I say, my voice is a bit high. Ioreth shakes her head. "I have to examine you, your majesty. And I will do that after I calm your stomach"

She is totally right.

I wait until she comes back with another mug, this time it is warm and it smells even nice. "In one go, your majesty" Ioreth states, like a grandmother would. I take it from her hands and set the mug to my lips.

Ow, it doesn't taste that good...

But I do what she says and take it down in one sip. I shiver a bit as the herbal tea slides down my throat. "Very good, young queen" I hand her the mug. "Are you going to examine me right now?"
"Yes" Ioreth pulls the blankets from my body and pulls my nightgown up to my stomach. She sets her hands on my stomach and moves my belly up and down. She hums something and sets her ear on my stomach. Again she hums. Wordlessly she leaves me and comes back with another mug. "Drink" I take it from her hands and take a sip. "Lord... what is this" I gag. "Just drink" Ioreth orders me. "And now we wait.

Wait?
And so I wait... after a while I am nauseous once again. I feel even worse than before. "Another bucket, your majesty" The young woman from before hands me a bucket. With a groan I bow forward and vomit. Gross everything is green.
I look up and wipe some hair out of my face. I feel so gross and sweaty. Ioreth hands me another mug.
They have a lot of dishes to do after this.
"Water your majesty and I have to congratulate you with your first pregnancy"
I choke on my gulp of water.  "Wait, I'm pregnant?  really pregnant?"
"The color, gross as it may sound, is grass green and that means you're pregnant.  and I'll keep an eye on your monthly period if I'm expected to and your last time was two months ago.  And that you are only nauseous in the morning is a very strong sign that you are pregnant.  But I see that your belly and body is already preparing to become a mother. Your breasts are bigger and your belly is less muscular than it used to be." My eyes widen when she says that. "How do you know all that?" Ioreth smiles and winks.  "I'm watching you, Your Majesty. That has been the job of the chief healer for several centuries. That they did in the early days of Gondor.  To look after their queens"
She holds out her hand and I take it. My feet hit the marble floor, what now feels delightly cold. "Shall I accompany you to your chamber?" I shake my head as I take my own blanket, what lays forgotten on the floor and wrap it around me. "I get it" I say as I walk towards the exit.
Oh I have the feeling that I am flying, I am pregnant!

When I arrive at our room and open it; Aragorn is sitting on a chair by the fireplace. When he hears the door, he immediately turns to it. "Sara!" He happily exclaims as he quickly stands up and with a few steps he is in front of me. He takes me in his strong arms and I relax immediately.
"I heard you were in the Houses of Healing! Why didn't you tell me?" I shake my head, laughing it away. "Aragorn. I am fine"
"You just threw up three times, you're not fine!" He says a little bit angry as he wraps his arms tighter around me.
I love this feeling, his arms around me. It gives me the feeling I am loved and save and our child.
Oh our child, it is going to be so loved!

"Believe me if I tell you I am fine, Mellamin. Because we are expecting our first child" The words roll off my tongue before I can register that I am saying it. The look on Aragorn's face is priceless and it lets me miss the modern times for one second. Wishing we had a camera. But my husband lifts me in the air and spins me around while he is howling like a wolf.
"Sara! Is this true! Is this really true that we are having a child of our own?" I laugh as I look into his gray-blue eyes and nod enthusiastically. "Yes. Now put me down please as the nausea is not gone" Aragorn sets me on my feet again. "Sara" he says enthusiastically as his lips find mine.
We share a few passionate kisses, here in our chambers as the fireplace burns and I hear it raining outside. Which makes me think back to the battle of Helm's Deep. But this time it is a joyful evening, the sun is sinking in the east.
This is a night I'll never forget.