CHAPTER 29

Genesis

I run back inside and the music is still blaring. Things seem like nothing happened. Like I didn't almost just die and like Carlos isn't dead outside.

I run and push past all the sweaty bodies.
As I'm running and looking for any signs of Carlos' men or Liam or Gino, my arm gets tugged on.

"Hey baby, where are you going?" He slurs.

I point my gun at him and keep moving. I glance back at him and he looks scared shitless.

I keep running until I see a door that says "VIP"
I try to open it but the door is locked so I blow it off with the gun.

I kick the door open and see the room is empty.
Or at least I thought it was until I heard groaning.

I turn around and see Liam chained to a pole. I can't help but roll my eyes. They chained him to a stripper pole.

I run up to him and his eyes light up when he sees me.

"Genesis!" He exclaims.
"Yeah I'm here." I say, trying to get the metal off of his wrists.

"What happened to you? Why are you wet?" He asks.

"It's a long story but I didn't drown." I mumble.
I take a look at him and his brows are furrowed.
He's shirtless and he looks beaten.

I finally unhook the cuffs and he stands up.
"Wheres Gino?" He i ask.

"He's behind the back exit with the loading trucks for the weapons and the trading money." He says as he rubs his wrists.

"They said Carlos would come back here to kill me, so we have to go now." He says.

"We don't have to worry about him anymore. He's dead. And I'm sure this time." I state.

He looks surprised. He grabs the guns that they took and stashed in the other room next to the one we were in.

"You ready?" He asks, adjusting his gun holster.
I nod.

We kick the door back open and I fire 2 warning shots up into the air. The music stops immediately and everyone screams and runs out.

In a matter of minutes the club is empty.
"Alright Moretti, i get the leader." I remind him.

"You know, Carrera, maybe you should stop saying my last name and just let me make it your own." He says, as he hands me 2 bullets.

I blink back in shock. Did he just ask me to marry him?

"Was that an order or a request?" I ask, with a smile.

"Both." He states, looking straight ahead.
"I'll think about it." I say as I put the bullets into my gun.

We see the Non morto cremisi appear.

And I see him.

The one that killed both of my parents.
"What a duo." He announces.

"Lorenzo, you want to take down the pretty little girl?" Asks on of them, to the leader.

So that's his name. Lorenzo.