38| Fabio

I was officially an aunt.

Fabio Luca Cassano was born on August the 18th. He was a big baby, weighing over eight pounds. Mom told me that all my brothers had been around that weight. I felt bad for Ariana who looked absolutely exhausted after being in labour for twelve hours.

Giving birth hurts like a bitch and scared me.

I want children but the whole pregnancy thing made me uncertain.

But then I saw the pure happiness in Ariana's eyes as she held her son. She was crying and couldn't let go of him. I was curious to know what that felt like. There was no connection like the connection between mother and child.

"He's so cute. I'm going to spoil you so much!" Amelia grinned next to me as we watched Fabio in his crib.

He was awake now and moving around. He was only a few days old and already moving around wildly. Something told me that he'll be a wild child. But we had a full house that was ready to take care of him.

Ten people against a newborn baby.

What could go wrong?

"I'm going to be your favourite auntie!" I softly caressed his cute belly.

Amelia scoffed next to me but it was the truth. Fabio would soon see that I'm the coolest. Theo chuckled and carefully raised his son from his crib.

"Who wants to hold him first?" He smiled at us.

We did Rock Paper Scissors to decide. Amelia won and I made a note to never do this again. She always wins.

Fabio was moving around in her grip and it scared her. So after only a few seconds, she handed him to me. I quickly collected all my courage and carefully held my nephew. He was already heavy but my heart filled with so much love when he grinned up at me.

His big green eyes gazed up at me with curiosity. I smiled brightly and winked at him. Why are babies so cute? It made me want to have one.

"He likes you, tesoro." Theo chuckled.

I was already his favourite auntie.

But he soon got hungry and whiny. I handed him over to Ariana who would breastfeed him. I saw all my other brothers hurry out of the room with an awkward look on their face.

"Idiots." Dahlia laughed.

She sat on the sofa with a bag of chips. I haven't seen her greet Fabio yet but she did hug Ariana.

"Oh, you're hungry, aren't you my little baby." Ariana smiled at Fabio who was happily drinking.

Dahlia got up from her seat and walked over. She threw her arm around my shoulder but kept her eyes on Fabio.

"You love him a lot, don't you?" She asked Ariana.

Ariana looked up with a soft smile. I've never seen her happier than now.

"I'd die for him. It's instant love."

Dahlia frowned at that, as if she couldn't understand it.

"I've known him for nine months. He was slowly growing and I was dying to finally meet him. Now I get to hold him and there is no better feeling in this world. You'll understand me when you have children." Ariana explained.

I nodded. I think that I understand parental love but I feel like it would make more sense when I'm a parent.

"I don't think that I'd be a good mother." Dahlia suddenly confessed.