Part 24

Y/n's POV

2 weeks had passed and with Wards high status, Rafe got in quickly.

I had such mixed feelings about this situation and it was stressing me out.

Right now I was sitting on the bed, with Saylah asleep in my arms, while Rafe packed his bags.

He left for 2 months in 4 hours.

These past 2 weeks had been amazing. But having sex everyday at least 4 times a day can take a toll on some people.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said

"I'm gonna miss you too. It won't be to long." He spoke positively.

"It will feel like forever though." My voice cracked as I looked up at him.

"Come on baby don't look at me like that." He dropped his arms to the side.

"I know I'm sorry, I'm just trying to process everything." I said trying to hold back tears.

He sighed and shut his suitcase, putting it by the door. After, he came into the room and laid next to me and Saylah.

He held me as best he could with Saylah in between us, and we sat in silence cherishing the moment.

My mother told me I was being dramatic and that my father left her forever. That wasn't my fault though.

Rafe would never leave Saylah. It could be a different story with me, but I don't want to think about that day ever coming.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, and I hope you know to expect a call everyday." He looked up at him and smiled.

"I already know." He chuckled.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"It's 10:30." He said looking at his phone.

"What time do you have to be there?" I asked him.

"1:30" he rubbed his forehead.

I sighed and looked back down at Saylah. I rubbed her cheeks as Rafe played with my hair.

"Why don't we go do something?" He said

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Let's go ride around in the boat for a little bit. It'll be fun." He smiled as he stood up.

"Alright but, I have to get her changed and put some sun screen on." I told him heading to her room.

He smiled as I left to Saylahs room. When I walked through the door she was already awake and bouncing on her bed.

"Hey baby you wanna go on the boat?" I asked picking her up and kissing her cheek.

"Boat?" She looked at me with big eyes.

"Yea, me, you and Dada." I laid her on the changing table and changed her.

"Ok mama." She smiled and clapped her hands.

Saylahs vocabulary had increased immensely over these past few weeks. It wasn't quite full sentences yet but she knows how to ask for her favorite things and knows how to say yes or no.

She's getting so big. I just loved her so much.

"Then maybe later we can go see uncle JJ and aunty Jayla?" I told her as I put sunscreen all over her body.

"No, I go home with Dada." She wined.

"Dadas not coming home with us tonight. We will see him again. But tonight he has to go bye-bye for a little bit." I tried to speak in her language as best I could.