43.

The full moon, a new enemy of Mya's

Never had she looked at it with so much hatred in her life, she'd actually never looked at anything with this much hatred. Maybe Umbridge. 

But the way it was taunting her hidden beneath the clouds high up in the sunny sky. It knew what it was going to do to her in a few short hours. It was already starting to have effects on her body even now. Her cuts were burning with how much she wanted to scratch at them. She couldn't do that, or her life would surely end sooner than she thought it would.

They had moved her out of Saint Mungo's earlier this morning. She would have to go to a follow up in a few days to make sure everything was alright. But everyone was just praying she survived long enough to make it to the check up on time.

"So, I really think you will like this place," Sophia was unpacking Mya's trunk, placing her clothing she hadn't gotten to wear in a month into drawers. "Sirius has been adding his own modifications as he would call it. But it's very nice here. Um, Tonks has been helping Remus with growing a garden."

Mya hummed, sitting in the cozy chair by the window as her mother moved around the small room. 

It was nice here, maybe a little old fashioned in her opinion. It felt like being at a bed and breakfast. The walls had this yellow wallpaper with red rosebuds on them and the furniture was dark wood. Clearly, Sirius had not gotten to this room yet.

"So," Sophia placed her hands on her hips. "What would you like to do now?"

"Nothing," Mya bitterly replied.

"Alright," Sophia took a seat on the bed. "We can sit here and do nothing for the rest of the day if you wish to do that."

Mya sighed. "I just... I just want to sit here, alone."

Sophia nodded her head. "Yes, so, you do remember I am your mother, right? Does that sound like something I would do?"

"Mom," Mya groaned. "I would just like to be by myself, please."

"Okay," Sophia held her hands up in mock defense, standing up from her seat. "I'll leave you alone."

Mya went back to looking out the window.

As Sophia was exiting the room, she saw Remus walking towards her from down the hall. "I suggest bringing some thick skin with you in there. She's a bit grumpy."

Remus chuckled a bit. "Yeah, I know the feeling."

"How are you feeling?" Sophia had already noticed the signs in him coming out.

"I'm fine," Remus sighed. "I know whatever she's feeling is worse than what I'm going through right now."

"You still need to look out for yourself," Sophia placed a hand on his arm. "You have to go through it to tonight."