Minho [35]

"Listen, I've found you in stranger places," Minho admit, tossing down the stinky running shoes he'd been carrying into the soft grass. He put his hands on his hips and looked down to the girl currently hiding out at the base of a tree, hidden by the grass.

"But this one? It worries me." He scratched the back of his head a little awkwardly as he sat himself down in the grass beside the girl. The decent with his long, tired limbs made it less than graceful. "At least, a little bit." He stifled an unsure laugh.

Balled up at the base of a tree, engulfed by tall grass, hidden from the view of her fellow gladers, only the sound of distant voices and wind rustling the grass, things had been alright. Now it felt like she was being faced with reality once again. How Minho had found her? She had no clue. But if she was going to talk to anyone, she was glad it was him.

"Hey, Minho." She greet him quietly and lift herself up to sit leaning against the tree. Heavy, her head fell back and thunked lightly against the tree. She just didn't have the energy to hold it up anymore. "Done for the day?"

The runner raised a brow at the girl and smiled softly before looking down to pick away at a piece of grass. "I can't say I'm ever done. But I think I'm calling it a day. I'm just...tired."

"Tell me about it." Y/N sighed. She moved her legs a little to the side to push his. The pair had always been good friends, talking about their frustrations and worries was a common thing. They had little ways of reminding each other they were on one another's side. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Minho pursed his lips. "Alby has just been pushing really hard. It's like somedays he thinks I'm some shuck robot."

Y/N caught Minho's distraught eyes when he looked up. It was evident to her he wasn't done speaking.

"It's like..." He seemed to fight against himself. "It's like everyone thinks I'm some machine who doesn't feel anything. And I know somedays it can seem like we're not making progress—but I just—"

"Wished everyone could see inside your head and understand whats really going on without having to try and say it?" Y/N asked, filling in the quiet air Minho was struggling to fill.

Surprised, Minho paused and processed. "...Yeah."

Feeling as though he'd said what he needed to get off of his chest and into the open air, Minho moved closer to Y/N. He laid down in the grass and propped his head up on her legs. Staring up at the tree canopies overhead he took in a deep breath.

"What's up with you, then?" He asked.

Y/N bit the inside of her cheek. She shrugged. Minho craned his neck a little so he was able to see her. "A lot, Minho. I'm really confused."

"Mmm," He mumbled, encouraging her onward.

The girl lift her legs slightly making Minho's head slip off of them a little, so he swat up at her playfully. She didn't necessarily want to talk about it. But at this point, she'd been keeping it a secret for too long. Minho was a painfully good listener. That was a massive surprised when she'd first discovered that. In the very least though, she knew he'd hear her out.

"I found something." Y/N asked.

"What, your courage?" He quickly quipped back and snickered to himself.

"I'm a runner, Minho. I'm pretty sure I've already got that." Y/N couldn't help but also laugh with him a little. "It's something else."

Minho shrugged. "Ok, so really. What did you find?"

"What if it changes things?" Y/N asked sadly.

Suddenly, Minho sat up with a concerned expression on his face. "You found something in the maze. Didn't you?"