what if

a/n
i'm promoting "our beloved summer" as i should so yall better watch that drama

it was the next day, both of them are now in yeona's house. nayeon is in her room meanwhile her mother is out to run some errands.

they were watching a movie, an action one since jake isn't really a fan of romantic movies. "jake." yeona asked while playing with his hair. "hm?"

"what if i didn't accept your confession that day?" she asked. "then i'll keep on annoying you, making you see my handsome face every single day, until you also fall for me." he smiled as he hugged her.

"gosh, you're insane." she joked as he laughed. "do you like me that much?" she asked and silence occupied the room. jake didn't answer but hummed a bit before continuing to watch the movie.

the next day, they planned to have a picnic date. of course they will bring their comic books for them to read. jake was sitting down while yeona laid her head on his lap. "jake." she called for him as the boy looked down to her, smiling as he ruffled her hair.

"yes, pretty?" yeona blushed at the sudden nickname. "what if i work abroad at some place that is really far?" she asked. "what's with the sudden question?" she smiled. "just a what-if question." she sighed, reading her comic book again.

"i'll miss you so bad, so i'm going to follow you and find a job there too." he smiled. yeona stopped reading and smiled. "do you like me that bad?" she asked again.

"again with that question, yeah yeah ofcourse." she frowned. "i don't think so." she sat up. "huh?" he looked at her, as the mood changed.

"why can't you say it? it's so damn simple." she stood up as she walked away. jake groaned as he was quick to catch up to her.

"where are you going?" he whined. "getting away from you." she run away from him as they were running around a tree which made them look super stupid right now.

"don't follow me!" she yelled as the continued running towards each other. "are we really gonna keep this up?" jake ran a little faster to secure her petite figure in his embrace.

"why are you like this?" jake turned her around to face him fully, and left a peck on her forehead "say it."

"say what?" he looked at her, she rolled her eyes before walking away from him again. "LIM YEONA"

"what if-"

"stop" jake whined as he started to roll on her bed annoyed.

"why?"

"your what ifs questions are always so negative! what happened if it actually became true?" jake said, back facing the girl.

"gosh, it's not actually going to happen if we stay together? do you like me so much that you're scared of letting me go?" she asked, eyes brimming for an answer.

but he didn't.

he didn't answer.

or he didn't gave the answer that yeona wanted.

"there you go again." jake sighed as he left the room.

"i guess mina is just WAY too busy for boyfriends, aren't you sharon?" yeona asked the elder girl while she just sighed and nod.

"anyway, jake & yeona, when are you guys going to have a family dinner with everyone?" jay asked as he sips his bubbletea.

"uhm, i don't know, what if we're busy for that?" she smiled as she looked at jake. "what do you mean we're busy?" jake huffed.

"i mean now we have a lot of lectures to attend, and sometimes we couldn't even meet eachother for days. what about the family dinner?" she answered as she leaned back on the seat.

now everyone's attention, even yuna & tan who's busy in their own worlds look at them. "they have started again." sunghoon quietly muttered, " hope this one ends in a more happier way." sunoo hoped as he closes his eyes listening to the conversation.

"i mean i could actually manage my time, and you can do it too on your side, and when we have our free time, then we can meet our parents together." jake replied. "besides, i would do anything for us to meet." he smiled as yeona chuckled.

"do you love me that much to do that?" there she goes, asking the same question over and over again. everybody groaned and click their tongues annoyed.

"yes, yeona. jakes loved you THAT much." jungwon said hoping they can change the topic. "shut up jungwon, you're not jake." she turned to jake as she wanted the answer.

"yeah yeah, jungwon's right." jake muttered as everyone eyes except for yeona was looking at him as if they wanted to murder him on the spot.

"wrong move my guy just say the words already." jay whispered.

"why can't you say it then?" yeona asked. "say what?" jake confusedly asked as yeona scoffed. she stood up from her seat. "i have lectures, catch up with you guys soon." she walked away as the others were cursing at jake.

he did everything to show that he loved her more than anything.

but she just wants him to say it.

she just want reassurance.