49|Patience

Domenico's POV:

Ana was 7 months pregnant. Her first few months took a toll on her, especially after our miscarriage scare. She had been on bed rest for 2 months, her whole life changed. She would spend a lot of her time crying, shutting herself off. We moved into a townhome in the city to be closer to the doctors. 

We didn't find out until recently that she was pregnant with twins because our baby girl was hiding behind her brother through most of the pregnancy. That explained why Ana started showing so fast so soon. That was another thing she was super insecure about herself saying that she looks like a waddling whale. 

After the doctor cleared her saying that she was no longer at high risk she became happier. That didn't change how needy she had become. Her brothers and I took turns with her because she was a handful constantly needing someone around her. 

"Baby!" She yelled. I was in the restroom, but I knew that she wanted me back in bed with her. 

"Yes?" I questioned, but I knew what was going to come out of her mouth. 

"Are you coming out already?" I heard her voice waver. Great, she was on the verge of tears. 

I came out and saw her sitting up on the bed completely ignoring the movie that was playing. The worried look that she had on her face vanished once she saw me. She was wearing a black sports bra and one of my boxers that clearly for her too tight. I didn't tell her that though. 

"What's wrong?" I got into bed next to her bringing her close to me.

"I thought you left me." That was something that she said very often. Her brothers and I knew that there was something more going on. She had gone from being independent to being completely dependent on us which is worrying. 

"What's wrong with me?" She peered up at me with glossy eyes. 

"Nothing." I tried assuring her. I didn't want to say the wrong thing because she didn't need that stress right now. 

"You all have been so patient with me and all I have been being a nuisance." She begins rubbing her belly. "I don't understand why I feel like I'm suffocating when I notice that I am all alone." Now she was full-blown crying. I hated seeing her like this. Her face was now in the crook of my neck as I rubbed soothing circles on her back. 

"I don't know baby." I sighed. "Why don't you take a nap we are going to your brothers later. We will talk about this when you are calmer." I felt her nodding. She didn't move she fell limp on my body. It amazed me how fast she was able to fall asleep. Once I knew she was deep in her sleep I move her off of me and placed her with her pregnancy pillow. 

Anastasia's POV:

I felt myself being shaken awake. Reluctantly I opened my eyes looking at Nico, making me further cuddle my pregnancy pillow. 

"Come on, we have to get ready." He urged. Today was Adrik's and Amaya's rehearsal dinner. They were getting married which was super exciting. I of course was her maid of honor since we had practically become sisters. She didn't have any family, but Alek was doing the honors of walking her down the aisle. 

Nico had picked out my outfit like he did most of the time. It was a mid-length emerald flowy green dress. I got up to go do my hair and makeup. I decided to do a sleek high ponytail and a natural makeup look. 

I changed into the dress. Looking at myself in the mirror I ran my hand down my huge belly bump feeling one of the twins kick. The back pains were killing me, I couldn't be on my feet for long because I would get tired quickly.