15 | one punch

WEEKS HAVE GONE by and the final examination was just around the corner. The class 1-A began to notice the sudden changes of the young genius including her frequent absence in class.

Unlike before, Y/n became quieter and reserved, only speaking when spoken to. She didn't say sarcastic remarks or even had an argument with Bakugo which, secretly, weirded the said boy. She would space out more frequently and gets a little snappy at times. It was as if she was a ticking time bomb.

"I DIDN'T STUDY AT ALL!" Kaminari whined, "Between the sports festival and the intership! It totally slipped my mind!"

"Indeed." agreed Tokoyami, who ranked 14th.

"Sucks that there's gonna be practical exam too." Mineta said, smugly.

"We thought you were one of us!"

"Guys like you are only lovable when you're morons! There's just no demand for whatever you actually are!"

"Such is life..."

As they all continued to bicker. Midoriya felt something was missing or more like someone was missing. He gazed around the classroom until his eyes landed on the young genius who was drawing something on her notebook with a blank expression. She didn't look like in a bad mood, it was as if she was ignoring her surroundings and is wandering in her own little world that she created in her mind.

"How about you, Y/n?" Midoriya started, gesturing towards her with a bright look and attempting to get her into the converstaion. "You never told us how much you scored in the exam."

The rest looked at her expectantly, waiting for her answer. "Oh, I ranked 3rd." Y/n replied and proceeded to go back to her own business.

"3rd?!" they exclaimed simultaneously.

"Aren't you like super smart?!" Mineta asked. "Yeah, I actually thought you ranked 1st!" added Kaminari.

"I was only relying on stock knowledge and I barely even listen to class. I have more important things to do than study useless shit." Y/n replied, plainly.

"WHAT?! I DIDN'T STUDY, WHY DID I FAIL?!" wailed Kaminari. "That's because you're an idiot and she's not." retorted Jiro, as they began laughing at the poor yellow haired boy.

Midoriya's laugh faded when he saw Y/n who continued on with her business, not even breaking a small chuckle. It worried him. She looks fine but her actions are contradictory.

One by one, the class began to exit the classroom. A nervous figure inhaled deep breathes and walked towards the young genius with shaken hands. "Um, hey... Y/n." The e/c eyed girl looked up to see Kaminari standing stiffly infront of her desk. "Is there something you need, Kaminari?"

"Actually, yeah. I wanna ask a favor." He said, rubbing his nape sheepishly. Y/n nodded, prompting him to continue. Kaminari inhaled sharply before replying, "Do you mind if you... tutor me? Momo already has a number of people to tutor and I really don't want to fail. Its okay if you refuse of course! I understand that you're busy!"

"No, its alright." Y/n waved off a hand, "I think I have a spare time after school."

Kaminari's eyes gilstened with excitement. He nodded his head and bit his lower lip to restrain the gigantic smile that was attempting to form in his mouth. "Great! I guess I'll see you after school or...?"

"We can study at some cafe nearby after school. We can walk together."

Color flooded his face as he nodded eagerly. "Okay, thank you. I'll see you later, hot stuff." Kaminari gave her a playful wink which caused the corner of her lip to quirk up in amusement.