Chapter 23

And two weeks later, it was already time for the wedding. No one could actually believe it was happening.

The kingdom hadn't seen such a grand effort invested in party preparations for literal decades. Everything was to be perfect. Absolutely flawless.
It was all for two kingdoms about to merge and unite, after all.

On the morning of his big day, Taehyung was woken up not one, not two, but three hours before his usual waking time. Surprisingly, Jimin didn't even have to try that hard to get him out of bed. The prince didn't even put up any sort of a fight, accepting his defeat and surrendering by climbing out of his silky bedsheets and waiting for Jimin to wipe his face with some fresh water and work his wonders on his appearance.

Expecting to feel anxious and fearful, Taehyung was surprised to say he just felt de-energized and tired that very morning. The only thing giving him a little strength was Jungkook insisting to be with him every step along the way, even waking up the three hours prior along with him. The horse stable-incident, as Taehyung liked to call it, lingered in his mind and accompanied him wherever he or his thoughts went.

Sometimes, the prince felt the urge to stand on his tippy toes and give the brunette a little kiss on his cheek. And when he was in a particularly good mood, his mind replaced the cheek with a pair of lips.
This wasn't normal for a mere friend, was it?

He knew it wasn't. Was he going crazy? But Jungkook said those kinds of feelings were normal. Maybe he wasn't so crazy after all.
Regardless, every single time the boy's face appeared in his mind and each of his features lingered there for long periods of time, he felt like a sinner.

The desire to randomly grab the brunette's hand out of nowhere. The urge to lay his head or just himself in his lap every time he saw Jungkook sitting. Wanting to trace his lips with his fingertips very thoroughly before kissing them to find out what they tasted like.
He simply felt like a sinful madman. Where in God's name did these urges come from?

There was a knock on his door, pulling him out of a series of strange thoughts again. In came all of his siblings, accompanied by their respective servants or guards.

His sister Sojung was the first one to reach him, smiling so brightly the sun would have a hard time competing with her.
"Brother!," she called, grabbing both of his hands and pulling him up from his chair. "Why, don't you look ravishing? I cannot believe you are getting married! And that even before Namjoon and Seokjin! Eunbin is a beautiful bride, that's for sure and certain."

Taehyung grimaced, not really being able to share his sister's happiness. "She is. But no woman is more beautiful than my sister," he spoke, her smiling even brighter at that and spinning around to present him her beautiful ballgown, a soft baby pink decorated with lace, ribbons and all sorts of embroidery. The prince almost felt jealous seeing Sojung's divine piece of clothing.

"My handmaiden selected it for me. Such fine taste she has. She is in the very best of moods today, I suppose it is because my dearest friend Princess Yerin is attending the wedding. She likes her very much, you see. It is only too saddening they can never be chums," she rambled. And while she did so, Taehyung's next sibling approached him to congratulate him for his happy day. Prince Seokjin, looking handsome as ever.

"My little brother, already taking responsibility over this entire kingdom and settling down while I cannot even decide between five princesses to wed," he spoke proudly, Taehyung raising his eyebrows in question.
"You are in love with five princesses?!" Seokjin shrugged, looking quite smug.

"I keep telling him his affairs are ridiculous and unrealistic. He ought to decide eventually. But we all know how stubborn Seokjin is, living his life to the fullest. Always lurking around the royal kitchens, he's so passionate about food and the preparing of it. And as you can see, he does not shy away when it comes to romance," Namjoon butted in, showing a dimpled smile.