FAREWELL

Tears and constant blabbering reduced Rose's adorable face to a mess, the Cattaneo princess refused to board the car and cried softly into Ares arms.

"I-I don't *hiccup* I don't wanna go." Ares wiped her face with his sleeve again before collecting her into his hold while cooing at her saddened form.

"Who is the most beautiful baby in the world hmm? Tell me darling are you my sweet little baby?"

Frantic nodding followed by a stubborn girl that clutched onto the man not letting him go made Ares feel like his world was getting darker each passing second yet was it worthy to be a person in her life who would instead of helping her get better would rather restrain her? The answer that appeared clearer than crystal glass made Ares encourage Rose with his soothing words.

"When you get older and attain your college degree along with the experience sweetheart, you can always help me in sorting out good deals in mafia clan or work with Aurora if that may suit you as a consultant or advisor. That way you will always be close to me love and....well you can buy tens of ice-cream tubs on your own and oh! what about that birthday gift you were talking about to give me, you can earn enough to buy that too with your own hardwork and talent.

But my baby cannot do that job now...not unless she finishes her school. She has to go back to her home and work hard for that."

Rose tilted her head to a side before nodding a little. So that was it?

Get a good education and gain experience to apply for work in Styx or Waylon enterprises. She would not focus too much on those etiquette lessons only designed for clan woman to become a good wife and matriarch now instead she would pursue her own interests, was she allowed to do that?

Earlier, she was not. Mafia clans had early engagements but timely marriages, once a girl attained an age of fifteen she was betrothed to a boy above the age of eighteen and they were married after crossing their 20th birthday. That was how her parents were fated, how her entire family tree was built. For Rose, Ares's words were like an awakening, something that she had never heard before.

-You can work

-Earn and be self reliant using your hardwork and talent

-Become a consultant or an advisor

But she was meant to be a doll, wasn't she? Look all pretty, dressed up and powered with the most luxurious of makeups, sit and act delicate and remember not to be too independent and outspoken or your husband might feel inferior. About being an advisor...was she smart enough to be? Rose believed she was clumsy and dumb, a girl who can only cry beautiful tears infront of a man to make her demands fulfilled.

Rather that what she was used to hear, Ares suggested her to be his consultant or Aurora's...Currently the consultant and advisor of the mafia emperor was the don of Bulgarian Mafia- Tyler Kingsman and secretary of the Queen was Dia Waylon who was the sister of the emperor himself. A position that was the most noble after the royal titles.

They must be proficient in multiple languages and far sighted people who will firstly go through various tests and trials. Just like the position of Queen which was only given by merit, even if a woman marries the emperor that still would not make her the Queen unless she makes all the clans under the Emperor bow down to her similarly the position of the consultant was a place of honor and courage, not anyone can sit on it because of favor......not even Ajax Waylon himself can choose a secretory or consultant that he liked.

Immersed by various thoughts the girl broke from her stupor, giggling merrily when her entire head was being smothered with kisses.

"Ares!"

After talking for an hour and so Rose was finally ready to leave, her car which came with four suitcases now went with an additional four cars that were stuffed with clothes and other gifts that the mafia prince gave her.

Bidding farewell was never considered so painful, for the ones who have parted will always have a chance to return or you to them in one way or another, despite agony burning her, Rose felt that this was also necessary because she needs to talk to her parents. She right at this moment was tainted with weakening thoughts, the ones that did not let her proceed and be independent in her life, she needed to wash these before trying to be close to Ares or she would only drag him down.

A heartbreaking smile given though tears looked up at the man standing infront of her who in turn clutched her to him and held her gently.

"Stay healthy sweetheart, eat well and be happy. The journey of this world has just begun for you, go to deep valleys and tall mountains, to the place where sea mixes with vast ocean and valley of flower resides, there is so much for you to do and all together such vast knowledge to gain so that the next time you come you have enough stories to share with me, alright?"

"Yes Ares" Rose with her wobbling cherry lips sat into the car with her eyes looking deep into his.

"Till we meet again darling"