35: Oh wifey I smell money; the Sucker took the bait

Edited by Relendria

Meng Yao had wondered why he wasn't throwing out the rotten meat water along with last night's pee but now he realized he's subconsciously expected something like this. His instincts kind of terrified him right now. It wasn't natural to be so prescient.

Meng Yao didn't say anything to Jia Yi before going inside with an angry huff. He was still unhappy that his wife kept allowing Ge Ming in their yard. He just washed his hands then laid down on the bed, unwilling to say a word to Jia Yi.

Jia Yi knew Meng Yao was angry at him and he felt guilty about making his husband upset. He decided had better explain why he acted that was instead of letting that evil she-man come between the them. Jia Yi sat at the edge of the bed.

"Yao, I'm sorry," he said contritely.

"Hmph, if you knew I was upset, why did you keep bringing him over? Your friend is not good, Jiajia, and I know you know that. Are you trying to test me?"

"No!" Jia Yi was horrified that Meng Yao would think Jia Yi didn't trust him. "It's just..."

Jia Yi heaved out a deep sigh and then told Meng Yao everything. He explained about Hong Zhu's miserable marriage and Ge Ming had cause it all. He told Meng Yao that he had planned to use him to reveal the black hearted person for who he was.

When he was finished speaking the room was filled with dead silence. Jia Yi fidgeted nervously with his fingers, afraid of Meng Yao's reaction to his scheming.

Meng Yao let out a sigh and spoke, "So you finally decided to come clean..."

"Huh? You're not surprised that I schemed to use you?" Jia Yi blurted out in surprise.

"Jiajia, you're around me 24/7. Of course, you'd learn a thing or two from me," Meng Yao replied while patting himself on the back. "I'm your husband and you can use me however you like - after all I'm yours. What I'm angry about is that you didn't tell me so I could join in on the fun!"

"I'm sorry..." Jia Yi's face was full of worry and sincere repentance.

"Don't be sorry, just tell me next if there's a time, okay? However,..." Meng Yao paused dramatically. Jia Yi's hopeful expression grew worried again.

"Hm?"

"I'm still angry. How do you plan to appease me?" Meng Yao looked at Jia Yi meaningfully.

Jia Yi smiled slowly and then kissed Meng Yao, understanding his unspoken request with ease. Ambiguous sounds filled the room as the two proceeded to remove each other's clothes.

Deep in the night someone snuck into their yard and stole the donkey. Meng Yao watched from the window as the thief walked away with but oddly enough, he was grinning broadly. He turned to look at Jia Yi, who was deeply asleep, exhausted from too much exercise. He told himself that he should really take it easy on his wife but he just can't seem to help himself.

"Oh wifey, I smell money," he murmured happily. "Another sucker has volunteered to make me rich! I just love these people - almost enough that I want to stay." He chuckled quietly, rubbing his palms together. He could almost feel the money already falling into his greedy, sticky hands.

Early in the morning MengYao put on a big show.

"Thief! Someone stole my donkey!" he yelled like a madman.

The people in the village began to come out and watch as Meng Yao walked down the streets bemoaning his loss.

"My donkey has been stolen! How will I take care of my wife now?!? This is so unfair! Have I not been a good neighbor? Why would anyone do this to me?"

The villagers started to mumble to each other as they watched the show. Many of the she-men that had a crush on Meng Yao and wanted to spend a little time with him began helping him search for his missing donkey. When Ge Ming heard the news he immediately dressed in his most attractive outfit to join the search. Jia Yi was searching elsewhere so this was his chance to have Meng Yao reveal his true feelings in front of the village.

"Ah!"

When Ge Ming was close enough to Meng Yao he pretended to trip and fell to the ground managing to reveal a seductive leg in the process.

"Ack! Han Ge Ming!" another she-man cried out as he tried to help Ge Ming up only to be pushed aside. As Ge Ming stood he faked another unsteady fall aimed at Meng Yao. However, Meng Yao was alert around Ge Ming and he gracefully dodged the sneaky she-man.

Ge Ming cursed inside as fell to the ground with far less grace than the first time.

"Han Ge Ming, why are you so clumsy around me? Maybe you should see the doctor to find out why keep falling down." Meng Yao's words were mocking but his tone only conveyed concern.

The other she-men looked exchanged suspicious glances before turning as one to glare at Ge Ming. Ge Ming tried to salvage his reputation as a virtuous she-man.

"No, it's okay. It's just my balance is not so great today," he explained awkwardly as he finally stood.

"Oh, then what kind of gentleman would I be if I expected you to help me search for my donkey? You must go home immediately and rest!" Meng Yao's worried expression was perfect.

"No, no - I'm perfectly fine. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help Hong Jia Yi's husband?" Ge Ming protested frantically.

The other she-men's suspicions grew. Why was Ge Ming so insistent on staying?