Chapter Fifteen: A Secret Crush.

"Are you ready?" Franklin asked Charlie, who stood behind the closed doors.

She could hear chattering outside dying as her arrival was announced. She could hear a piece of soft music in her welcome. She tightly clenched to Franklin's arm, who is going to walk her to the aisle. Charlie has been waiting for this day for years, why was she feeling so nervous now. Maybe that's what happens. Even when you love someone for years. Even when you are tired of being alone and spending your life with one person you love seems like a fairytale. Despite already having a family with the other person, when it's time to officially tie your name with this one person – you feel nervous. All the ineffectual thoughts cloud your mind.

What if he falls out of love with her? He promised never to. What if he gets tired of her? He has been with her for years – he promised he would never. What if it doesn't work? It will work. Always. That's what Marcus told Charlie – and she believes him then what is she nervous about? She already has a family with him – why would she be nervous to officiate her love for him and her daughter? Her daughters. What will she be for Kathie? Stepmother or just a mother? Why does it matter? She will always love Kathie like her own child.

"Char," Franklin softly spoke.

"Huh?" Charlie looked at Franklin's smiling face. She didn't realize she zoned out. Frank squeezed her hand in his, "It is okay to feel nervous, it is natural to feel this way." He assured her. It was like Franklin could hear her thoughts, maybe they were loud enough to be heard.

"Is it?" She mumbled.

Franklin nodded his head, "Of course, it is. Maria felt this way – both times." He chuckled, "Her mother did – hell, even I did. Char, it is difficult for everyone to trust someone else other than themselves – even if they love them dearly. It is okay to feel this way, but there is one thing I am sure of," He spoke.

"What is that?" She asked.

Franklin smiled and kissed Charlie on the top of her head, "Marcus loves you. He is crazy about you. No matter how many ups and downs you will have in your life – he will always come back to you. He will always love you. I see it in his eyes. He is head over heels for you, pumpkin. It is okay to be nervous, but don't doubt this beautiful relationship you have with him." He told her.

Charlie tightly smiled with teary eyes. She doesn't know what she would have done in her life if it wasn't for Franklin, Maria, and at some point – Leo. They have been through her thick and thin. Franklin has been more father to her than her biological father – no matter what the reasons were he never stepped down for her. He never put her in any sort of danger. He always looked out for her. He always treated her less than Maria or Leo. He is her Pops and he always will be. Maybe they say it right, blood doesn't determine the relations, willingness does. She hugged Franklin and mumbled a small thank you. "So, are you ready?" He asked her again – wiping the corners of his eyes. Charlie blew her cheeks out and nodded her head. She is ready.

Everyone stood from their places as Charlie walked down the aisle with Franklin. She could see some faces that she truly missed – two of them were Gavin and Daniel, the men had huge grins on their faces but their eyes were misty. Charlie was so glad to see them here, even when she invited them on such short notice. She waved her hand at them, to which Daniel smiled and Gavin winked at her, she chuckled and looked ahead.

On the other side sat the two most important people to Marcus and her, she didn't think if they would come but seeing Lara's smiling face only brought back the memories of Hayden. Charlie felt heavy in her chest, but she didn't let Lara or her husband see the sadness in her eyes. She smiled at them as she slowly walked past them. If only Hayden could have lived long enough to see them get married. If only Ella could have met her uncle Hayden. Charlie's eyes started to get misty. She quickly blinked and looked ahead to see the most beautiful sight.