CHAPTER 50

The following morning, Nate and I wake up early and get ready to visit Ekaterina at the hospital. She isn't getting better or worse. Her health is just stagnant. She needs to stay in the hospital so they can monitor her. I hope she recovers soon.

When we arrive we knock on Ekaterina's door before entering.

"Hi," I say, walking in.

"My two favorite love birds," Ekaterina says when she sees us. She doesn't look so great today. She looks weak and thinner. I wonder why she isn't getting better. The doctors don't know why either.

"How're you doing today?" Nate asks, concerned. I'm sure he's significantly worried about Ekaterina's health.

"Better, the baby allowed me to drink water today," Ekaterina says, smiling softly. She has been throwing up a lot.

"That's good to hear. Where's your mate?" I ask, sitting beside her on her bed after she shuffled a little to the side.

"He stepped out to get something. He'll be back soon."

"Oh, okay. We came to ask you something."

"I'm listening," she says, sitting up a little to focus on what we came to say.

"Do you think there's a way I can revive the vampire king's brother without dying in the process?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure, but it should be possible."

"Do you really think it could be possible?"

"Yes, because the last time Ava tried to drain the blood out of you, she cut you up so much only because the war was going on around her. There was no need to drain the blood out of you the way she did. She did it so she could get the blood fast before Nate arrived and stopped her. I think because of the amount of blood that was drained and already poured on Nickolas' brother, he doesn't need a lot of your blood to come back."

"Really?" Nate asks, sounding hopeful.

"I believe so."

"Wow, this is wonderful news," I say, smiling.

"Why are you asking if Liz won't die if she revives the vampire king's brother?" Ekaterina asks, confused.

"Ava said she'll remove Nate's curse if I give her my blood."

"Really, she said that?" Ekaterina asks, shocked.

"Yes, she did."

"Wow, that's wonderful."

"I know," I say, wiping away the teardrop that escaped my eye. I can't believe Nate and I'll finally be able to complete the mating process.

Nate and I stay with Ekaterina until her mate gets back. We say goodbye and walk out of her room to go back to the palace. Nate and I are about to step out of the hospital when a voice behind us calls out.

"My King, my Queen," Kyler says, running toward Nate and me. "Sorry for disturbing you this morning but please, I need your help," Kyler says, with desperation in his voice.

"What do you need?" Nate asks.

"It concerns the Queen more," Kyler says, looking at me.

"Me? What do you need me to help you with?" I ask, curious.

"Do you mind if we find somewhere private to talk?"

"Let's go to the palace," Nate says.

"Please lead the way, my King," Kyler says.

We walk away from the hospital back to the castle and to Nate's office; once we're seated, Kyler falls to his knees.

"Kyler, what in heavens name are you doing?" Nate asks, shocked.